Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone out there has infinity kappa perfects, i want to know what type of box you are running with?
im lookin for more spls

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have two 10" Infinity Kappa Perfect subs. I am using a sealed box, maybe a cubic inch or two larger than what Infinity suggests to use.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey jmgladden
have you ever tested your db's? and how many watts are you running to them?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Never tested the db, never really had a reason too. Currently, my amp is running 300W RMS to each sub, considering the RMS rating on the subs is 350W.

I am thinking about bridging the amp and putting out 500W RMS per channel, but I don't want to risk blowing the subs. However, those speakers are meant to be pounded.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I have a single Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 sub.. powered by an old fosgate amp (i think 240W?) and i have it in a rather small sealed box that i had from my old sub, don't remember the brand off the top of my head, but i bought it at best buy, through a friend that worked there (got it DIRT cheap hehe). hope this helps.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Best Buy, I work there now, at the Metro Center location. Been there almost four years now. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in the car stereo department has insane markups. Let me know if you guys want anything (within reason of course).

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
jmgladden said:
Best Buy, I work there now, at the Metro Center location. Been there almost four years now. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in the car stereo department has insane markups. Let me know if you guys want anything (within reason of course).
hehe, nice! I know where that best buy is at too =) I used to work at the CompUSA over by Fiesta Mall in Mesa, now i work at the one down in Tucson. I wish they'd sell stuff for my car at CompUSA... hmm... maybe i could do a custom install of a computer in my car... have it track and control everything in the car, sensors, gas mileage, engine speed, g-forces (no, not you Jason :p), everything. That might be cool, but it's just extra weight and junk that can get stolen.

BTW, I really like that Perfect 12.1 sub... it kicks ass compared to my old Fosgate sub (yuck!)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i used to have this giant sony es amp pushing 300 rms to each sub. but now i have a rockford, pushing the same wattage and it completely blows the shit out of the sony!! it sounds so much cleaner and louder than before, ill never go back to sony. im running in a small sealed box now, and i might get ported if they work well and get more spls

·
Registered
522 Posts
I like the Fosgate amps a lot. Very clean power and very strong, consistent power ratings. I'd stay away from anything Sony for a car, except a couple of their decks.

BTW, I am using an Infinity Beta Digital 300 amp for my subs. Amp was kinda designed for a pair of the Kappa/Perfect line.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
kinda late but 2 x 10 kappa perfects on 800.2 fosgate amp, dunno the db but has anyone run into the problem of fititng it in a regular 10" box?? infinity seemed to of made the subs smaller than the opening by a lil =b

·
Registered
635 Posts
a buddy of mine used to work for Harmon Kardon lab that owns Infinity line, JBL, and HK of course. We've hooked up the Perfects to all kinds of amps but I highly recommend using a minimum of 500WRMS to each perfect 12. That's when they really start to shine. We setup two perfect 12's off a JBL power valve giving each sub 600WRMS. You can notice clipping with only 300WRMS and decrease in output at lower bass note. with min. of 500 the bass extension is awesome and flat. But aluminum subs box size and shape is the more critical than power. Stay away from cubes and parallel sides. I made the boxes a tad smaller and compisated the sound with poly fill when tuning to the cars acoustics. Oh yeah better start laying down the dynamat or VB products from CAE.

Oh, if your curious my super SQ low end is one badass Crystal CMP 12" in a 1.67cf3 box feeding off a Infinity 202a mosfet bridged giving 600WRMS to the 12". I messed around with a lot of alum subs but not to fond of the sound. I almost bought perfects because my friend worked in the lab and got everything 75% off retail. Then I almost went with a pair of Alumapro Alchemy 12s" which are perfect for 350RMS each. But wanted to go all SQ than SPL and the Crystal I found more perfect than the "perfects" IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts