Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen this advertised on a shopping channel and it claims to reduce engine friction, as most of the stuff out there does, but the real test was when they drove a pre-treated car WITHOUT engine oil, oil plug and filter to show just how good this stuff was. It impressed me but has anyone ever used the stuff??? and is it worth the money? its about £40 UK which is around $70USD

·
Registered
218 Posts
Two Words: Snake Oil

Your money would be better spent on more frequent oil changes using a high quality standard or synthetic oil. There are plenty of people who have over 200,000 miles on their SR20's. Isn't that enough for ya?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is it like that ZX1 motorlube stuff? not that I've used that. Just curious.

I'd just be a little concerned because it's not something nissan would use. If it was used by any of the works racing teams (except Fiat) I'd say go for it. They wouldn't use it if it knackered the engine. If not, I'd stay clear.

Just an opinion and not based on any facts or experience though.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the thing is, they do claim to use it on some racer cars, cant remeber the team name, and also on drag car. You tend to get one of the team members like an engineer plugging the stuff and saying how good it is.

i see youre point though, many additives are a waste of money, just this one stood out so i just wanted peoples opinions.

thanks all

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
it has an infomercial --- need i say more?

i saw the infomercial and if it was as good as they say then all other products would be useless but not too many people go down their route i wonder why !!!

just my 02 cents

·
Registered
223 Posts
z max works better than all of the leading competitors. slick50, prolong, duralube, etc.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
P11GT said:
the thing is, they do claim to use it on some racer cars, cant remeber the team name, and also on drag car. You tend to get one of the team members like an engineer plugging the stuff and saying how good it is.

i see youre point though, many additives are a waste of money, just this one stood out so i just wanted peoples opinions.

thanks all
I'd say skip it. I'm a real skeptic when it comes to these additives that "reduce engine friction" by some how bonding to engine parts or something like that. :-\ Until someone or some group actually publishes a long-term effects study on these additives verifying the usual reduced friction/improved gas mileage/longer engine life BS, I won't waste my time. Not to say it doesn't work, but if it was in a infomercial(like slick 50 or duralube)well, nuf said :dead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts