Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all im about to get winter tires so i went to candian tire to check them out. They showed me some good year nordic tires they are called. I was wondering if anyone even heard of these before and if so how good are they? Oh by the way our stock tire size is 195/60/15 ? or 195/65/15? for the p11 i mean. The 195/65/15 are cheaper than the before mentioned size so i was just wondering if i could use that one. Now should i even bother getting winter tires or should i just get the 17" all season ones like i wanted to get in the spring/summer? How much will the winter affect new rims and such? like will new rims deteriorate because of salt etc? Either way the tires on the car currently gonna be thrown out after they get changed cuz they are bald. If i get winter tires i wanna get decent but not so expensive tires lol. anyways any opinions or suggestions/recommendations would be great and thanks again all for your help.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Get a set of winters, since your from Toronto and all. If you can afford it, get a set of steelies and mount them on those. Its easier than having to remount tires every season.

I think the Good Year Nordics were made for Canadian tire. They are (i believe) winter rated, with the snowflake so they should be ok.

I really wanted to get the all weather (better than all season) Nokian WR's, but they don't make them in the proper size. Those are tires that have a winter thread throughout the tire, but you can use them all year around and they wear normally. Only Kal Tire sells Nokian in Canada.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts