Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be buying one, but just curious if anyone has done it before...

How is the fitment under the car?
Noise difference?

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly why I'm worrying/wondering about the sound, because that muffler was meant for a g35, a V6, I'm wondering if the muffler is too free flowing and will sound like crap.

I've kinda decided, I live in California, realistically, I'm not going to toy with my engine.

So dropping any kind of serious cash on my exhaust is kinda worthless, more money I could put into my suspension.

If anything just doing it for asthetics to fill in the gap.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been toying with the idea of a Remus, but eh, I'm looking for a cheap alternative that will fill the gap nicely, maybe a slight sound that sounds ''nice'', not raspy or lawn mower-ish, or even sound exactly the same, nothing lost, only thing gained was in terms of looks, and I'd be okay with that too. I heard the g35 muffler is made my Calsonic, plus, yeah, a lot of the sound is the motor, but the muffler plays a part in it too, but still worried it's too freeflowing (for my car, since V6 muffler on an i4 car), and it'll sound like a Civic with a cheap muffler without a resonater.

But eh, the $600~ for the axel back, I could get some sweet ass tires and pads and tear it up in the canyon/mountain/auto-x.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
As far as a good looking tip I like the Maxima ones that have the piece that goes around the dual tips. Probably like the early 2000s

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
IONO_Anything said:
I've been toying with the idea of a Remus, but eh, I'm looking for a cheap alternative that will fill the gap nicely, maybe a slight sound that sounds ''nice'', not raspy or lawn mower-ish, or even sound exactly the same, nothing lost, only thing gained was in terms of looks, and I'd be okay with that too. I heard the g35 muffler is made my Calsonic, plus, yeah, a lot of the sound is the motor, but the muffler plays a part in it too, but still worried it's too freeflowing (for my car, since V6 muffler on an i4 car), and it'll sound like a Civic with a cheap muffler without a resonater.

But eh, the $600~ for the axel back, I could get some sweet ass tires and pads and tear it up in the canyon/mountain/auto-x.
dont get an axle back remus...

look for a universal one on ebay..(200-300)

get your own piping done, but dont put any resonators. if you keep the motor stock (no header) then it will sound beautiful.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Cryss said:

get your own piping done, but dont put any resonators. if you keep the motor stock (no header) then it will sound beautiful.

Sound clip?

Chris

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I purchased an aluminized 2.25” inlet turbo muffler and a magnaflow stainless exhaust tip from Summit Racing and had them installed at the local Meinekee Muffler on our ’99 G20 and it sounds great. Its quiet and doesn’t drone but it sounds nice and throaty when you get on the gas. The total cost for everything was about $100.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
Cryss said:

i have an axle back remus and it sounds good... im curious as to why you suggest not to get the axle back. thnx

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
/\/\/\ He probably just meant that if you look hard enuf you'll find a universal remus then just get it welded up and save 1/2 the money. When I got my first remus I got 2.25 mandrel bent pipe from the cat back, no resonator and the muffler. It was about $100 for the pipe and installation. Recently I acquired a Remus dual tip on ebay that was for a Nissan 200sx so I swapped out the single tip for the dual, that was $40. All I can say is that it just sounds fantastic. Everyone that hears it says that it's great and doesnt sound like a fart can. Plus, it looks sweet when you look at it. :naughty:

·
♥
3,947 Posts
yeh, everything stock. just the axle back remus.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
For that much money just get a Greddy cat-back exhaust for $450

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Cryss said:

Ditto - go the remus web site - it sounds just like that -

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
AzG20P11 said:
i have an axle back remus and it sounds good... im curious as to why you suggest not to get the axle back. thnx
price, thats my only reason why. i heard the axle backs retail for like 500?? when you can pick up a universal one for around 2-300 and just weld that sucker on.

i was thinking about getting a sound clip, i posted up one before but you couldnt really hear it. im running it with a header and it sounds awesome!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts