Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put 16" wheels with 205/45/16 tires. My car is lowered with HKS springs. The front wheels look like they're awfully close to rubbing the fender...anyone else had any problems with a setup like this?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It SHOULD be fine...depending how much you're lowered. I really doubt they would rub.

Jim

·
Registered
27 Posts
The only reason why a 205/45/16 would rub is if you've cut your HKS springs and the offset on your wheel is low. Id say that you might rub if your wheel offset was around +35 on down. (down meaning lower in number)

Len

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I have run 205-45-16 tires for quite a while now (couple years) with 3 different suspension setups and they havn't rubbed at any time. I have run them on stock suspension (highest ride height), intrax springs (lowest in front, med in back), and now with the Ground Control setup (slightly higher than the intrax in front, lower in rear than intrax springs). The intrax springs lowered the front to pretty much the bumpstops, and even with it that low i never had an issue with rubbing. Your offset would have to be way off like Len said, in order for anything to rub as normally you'd be fine with that size tire.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It will be fine. I have the same setup. I just got 17" wheels with 205/40 series tires. just don't use 215.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have 215 35 19in wheels with Intrax lowering springs on a P11.....no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i just put on 205/50/16 with stock suspension and 1/4 inch spacers and they still rub in the back. next step is to cut the lower spring perches and install GC's.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have 215/35/18's with the HKS springs and I have no problem whatsoever, but i'm thinking about switching over to JIC coilovers.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
g20ps said:
I just put 16" wheels with 205/45/16 tires. My car is lowered with HKS springs. The front wheels look like they're awfully close to rubbing the fender...anyone else had any problems with a setup like this?
Did you have the wheels aligned after you lowered it?
:surprised

1 - 11 of 11 Posts