Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My upper control arm bushings are fucked. Just curious if anyone has thought of using McMaster 60A urethane or something to that nature?

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
The problem is you have to pour them perfectly or you will have problems with alignment later. It's really not worth the effort. On top of that, the Superpro's are adjustable.

If you want, I have two 3rd links for sale (left/right). I think the P11 and P10 are the same part. The bushings are in good shape (90K miles).

- Greg -

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
I just made some 85A uca bushings last week. Made them good and snug, to the point that much tighter of a fit and there would be issues with the movement they need to perform. I the put them in the inner end of the uca with a 1" solid bar for a sleeve and mounted the bar tight in the vise. Pushing on the side of the opposite end of the uca(outer end)with maybe 15-20 pounds force the bushings allowed the uca to move about 1/4". Now think about the couple hundred pounds of force these will see on the car while driving. Now also realize this movement is directly related to toe-in and caster.
To put it bluntly, polyu suks as uca bushing material for our cars. Why are they offered to us for sale? The same reason the Tornado is, because people shell out money for it.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Polyuerthane is not the answer for the UCA just as loren has pointed out and confirmed what we both suspected and thats that polyuerthane would be to soft.

Surprisingly the stock bushings are pretty damn firm believe it or not when they are new.

Im working on something as well for the UCA that will closely mimic the stock UCA bushing/bearing design but will eliminate the rubber part that is in the stock UCA bushing/bearing, mines will be made of Delrin and Alumium. I'll post pic soon.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
It's totally worth it. You also gain more positive caster. Cornering is lovely now.

@ UNISA JECS:

What's your source? I set up a groupbuy for Nissanclub.nl and NPOC.co.uk and 380 USD with shipping. Offcours thats even cheaper for us Euro-guys.

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
It's totally worth it. You also gain more positive caster. Cornering is lovely now.

@ UNISA JECS:

What's your source? I set up a groupbuy for Nissanclub.nl and NPOC.co.uk and 380 USD with shipping. Offcours thats even cheaper for us Euro-guys.
That would be negative camber.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Negative camber AND positive caster.
I can see clearly my wheels have been put slightly more towards the front.

If anyone is interested I'm willing to reveal my source for the Cusco's.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Polyuerthane is not the answer for the UCA just as loren has pointed out and confirmed what we both suspected and thats that polyuerthane would be to soft.

Surprisingly the stock bushings are pretty damn firm believe it or not when they are new.

Im working on something as well for the UCA that will closely mimic the stock UCA bushing/bearing design but will eliminate the rubber part that is in the stock UCA bushing/bearing, mines will be made of Delrin and Alumium. I'll post pic soon.
Well I have to report a little differently now that I bought some brand new Superpro bushings.

Pro's:
.010" total deflection is all I could muster outta these Superpro UCA's thats good

Con's:
They dont pivot as free and easily as the stock UCA bushing/bearings.

OEM UCA pivots perfectly and super easy and also have mininal deflection when new but degrade over time as expected and it also uses rubber also.

IMO CUSCO's are still the best offering minimal deflection and no resistance to pivoting simple becasue the use of ball bearings, no rubber or plastic used here at all.

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
^somebody make some knockoffs LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts