Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windshield washer squirters ( or some call them pissers)....Im not sure why car manufacturors don't paint the squirters on the cars. Even on really nice cars they come in standard black color. Anyone tried to paint these to match the color of their car?

Front license plate bracket....the bracket that comes standard with the car is black and big. Even when you have the license plate on, you can still still see some of the black frame around the plate because the frame is too big. Has anyone tried to paint this to match the color of their car? I have some silver spray paint, how would that work?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
If you don't know what you're doing, you run the horrible risk of blocking your windshield wiper squirters. Masking tape...:square:

You can probably paint the license plate thing too. I don't know how that would look because it's color matches your bumper, not your car. Guess it'd look ok....

I just took my plate brackets off and have the license plate bolted onto a hinge....got the idea off some FDs and Skylines I saw in Option 2. :rambo: At high speeds, it flips up flat against my bumper *cool!* so I guess cops can't see it (but I don't really know any cops that'd be looking in their REAR view mirrors at me) but I guess it helps aerodynamics or something...

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
BTW:

that is a NON G20 car... so I don't see why they couldn't be painted to match body color.. just leave the holes covered when you paint.prep is all... (stick a toothpick in them maybe for painting?)

...my guess is most mfgr's don't bother unless it is an expensive car or looks really stupid and out of place... I think it would look pretty bad on my summer convertible if they were black... so they are stock (from the factory) same paint as the rest of the car.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Picky cops in Cali will get us for taking our front plates off. Usually they'll let it pass, but if I go to the midnight runs or if there are lots of racers just asking for it, cops *usually the newbie ones* deal tickets like a deck of cards.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
www.g20style.com

he painted his squirters and sunroof wind deflector, maybe more, can't recall

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had my front plates off for almost a year and all was fine. About 4 days ago I got pulled over by a lady cop and she gave me a warning to put them back on so I did. It sucks. cops suck

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm pretty sure Cue-ball means rice...as in rice rocket. hahaha
I must agree with Cue-ball on that one.

Its a G20 not a freakin '92 civic on like 15 inch rims with purple tint and like altezza lights with a cd hanging from the rear view mirror.

Its a g20...don't rice it out.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
washers

Neons are quite a new mod in the uk and loads of people are driving round with the neon washers.Any way best way to spray the jets is to stick some pins in the holes so you dont get them blocked up,thats what i did when i sprayed mine silver.

·
Registered
470 Posts
pretty popular in the Uk huh? damn. Well I wouldn't go around putting them on any old car. Kids with hondas and mitsubishis and stuff....put them on their car around these parts in the states.....just looks cheap that's all....looks ricey

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
windshield squirters

I just painted mine. I think I might have gotten the idea from g20style:paranoid:
but i really screwed them up. First i used my touch up paint which looked like ass because you could see the brush marks and it was all bumpy. Then i bought some spray touch up paint (plasikote) and it looks alot better, but still doesn't match the cars hood. I would just leave them black, or as my Audi buddy tells me " just shave them off"..
BTW I didnt even need to protect the nozzles although i didnt really try and coat that area.

I hear you about that front licence plate crap. Ive so far gotten 4 tickets for that alone in the last couple of years. I actually got two in one month. I think they have calmed down a bit though. That was because of the whole red light camera deal.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Chekmi21 said:
Its a G20 not a freakin '92 civic on like 15 inch rims with purple tint ..........

HEY!!! My p10 has purple tint. Of course it's not supposed to be purple, and I am haing it replaced eventually. I guess the chick who ahd the car before me didn't take proper care of the tinting. All the windows except for the windshield are purple. The rear window even has all the air bubbles and is peeling.....looks pretty ghetto.

·
Registered
487 Posts
About the license plate, my car was repainted and i dont even have the license plate screw holes anymore. I have never been stopped for. I guess I got a good excuse for not having the plate on though.

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,126 Posts
a cheap and easy masking material for tiny, tiny spaces is... vaseline!

when i painted a cd drive once, i wanted the "sony" logo on the front to stay intact... so i took vaseline, a toothpick, a razor, and patience to mask off the logo perfectly. came out great :) i think if you just dab a little vaseline carefully around the nozzle area, then mask off the hood, you could probably paint it right there as long as you watch out for that overspray. you could probably also use a model paintbrush, and model enamel paint and clearcoat with conditioner so it goes on smooth - that'd probably be the best way to go.

wait - what are your squirters made out of... the same maretial as the hood? or are they rubber... paint may not stick well to just plain rubber...? or? oh well, up to you :)

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
take them off the car and stick a needle in the hole then paint them. I had mine painted after an accident, but I needed to clear the passage with a needle after. If you just stick the needle in before you paint you won't have any problems.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts