Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know about the ride and performance with the Apex springs for a P11 G20??? I can get them for a very good deal. Any info on the Apex's would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
how good of a deal? i have never heard of them, but found them for $202 at www.philsinc.com

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't know about Apex spring but i think it's okie same as Eibach spring i think .........if u want to get good rid go for KGMM Spring they are the best spring in everywhere

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
304border said:
if u want to get good rid go for KGMM Spring they are the best spring in everywhere
Why's that? What are the spring rates?

·
Registered
138 Posts
i remember asking about the KG/MM's back in the day, they seem very good quality, and they have different height and spring rate options for both p10's and p11's...here's their website...

www.kgm.co.jp

heres the primera page...

for their progressive rated springs aka dual-rate
http://www.kgm.co.jp/catalogue/dr21/dr21-nissan/PRIMERA.htm

for their linear rated springs aka single-rate
http://www.kgm.co.jp/catalogue/s21/s21-nissan/PRIMERA.htm

i've heard of APEX, not to be confused with Apex'I, though Apex'I also has a set of springs for p11's, believe it or not, but i've heard the APEX's are ok, up their with h&r, eibach, and what not, its pretty average.

·
Registered
138 Posts
btw, they show their spring rates in kg/mm lol hence their name...so i'm not for sure what it is in lbs/in. but i think you multiply the kg's by 50.8, if i'm not mistaken.

for example,

2.2kgs/mm = 111.76 lbs/in.

correct me if im wrong :asian:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Close, I found this site. :D

http://www.anzwers.org/trade/hsdracing/elka/springrateconversion.html

OK then for single rate. Probably your best choice over progressive. From what I've heard linear aren't very harsh and provide a pretty decent ride. Offer better preformance over progressive.
Using a P11.

Sport -- 2.6/2.2 kgmm = 145/123 lbs/in
Supersport -- 3.2/2.7 kgmm = 179/151 lbs/in
Racing -- 6.0/4.6 kgmm = 335/257 lbs/in

Doesn't look too bad. I'm not sure how much drop each is, be nice to know. The Sport might be too soft. The supersport should be OK for street, but you'll need some different shocks. The racing might even be the best bet for the street/track. Again this is just my opinion. I don't know the drop so I'm just pulling opinions out of my ass right now. ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
So Jason do you think that the super sport progressive rate springs which come out to 145/179 lb front and 235/268 lb rear would not offer as much performance but better comfort than the linear or do you think performance would be fine, and i think it's a 20mm drop or about 1.2 inches. I think I would prefer the higher rate in the back to help the car rotate at the track.

·
Registered
138 Posts
go to www.convert-me.com then click on the distance and length link, to get some length conversions.

the single rate ones only show the length of the spring, but the dual rate ones show how much of a drop they are. conversions are as follows...

P10:
-20mm = -0.78in. (sport)
-35mm = -1.37in. (supersport)
-50mm = -1.97in. (racing)

P11:
-15mm = -0.60in. (sport)
-30mm = -1.18in. (supersport)
-50mm = -1.97in. (racing)

i'm assuming you can mix and match these for some reason, because they show prices separately for front and rear sets. and also, the sport ones have a real moderate drop, and seem like they're soft enough for our stock shocks to handle, maybe they designed these to work well with the stockers, kinda like the H&R OE series, but dont quote me on this :asian:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Nismoboy1 said:
i'm assuming you can mix and match these for some reason, because they show prices separately for front and rear sets. and also, the sport ones have a real moderate drop, and seem like they're soft enough for our stock shocks to handle, maybe they designed these to work well with the stockers, kinda like the H&R OE series, but dont quote me on this :asian:
I dont' think I'd mix an match them. You're probably right about the sport springs. They would be a really nice spring for someone that wanted imporved preformance without looking too low.

gd: Progressive springs are really tricky. Those spring rates and lowering amount look really close to the TEINS with medium springs. I still think they are too soft for performance driving. On the street they should be ok. The guys with GC's on their p10 are using 250+ lbs spring rates.

·
Registered
138 Posts
G-Forces said:

I dont' think I'd mix an match them. You're probably right about the sport springs. They would be a really nice spring for someone that wanted imporved preformance without looking too low.
oh hell no, i wouldn't mix and match them either, just thought it was kinda weird they showed prices for both front and rear springs, really odd :confused:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Nismoboy1 said:

oh hell no, i wouldn't mix and match them either, just thought it was kinda weird they showed prices for both front and rear springs, really odd :confused:
And how's the ride with those?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts