Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a completely stock 2002 G20 AT Sport
In the manual it says to not use octane boosters, but would it be ok if i were to use them every like 3 weeks? I have The Outlaw octane boosters, the small 4 pack, it says "each canister is as strong as one bottle of most octane boosters" and it also says "will not harm oxygen sensors or catalytic converters."

Also, since the G20 which only has 145 hp, would octane boosters even noticeably increase performance or gas mileage?

Just a quick question, which rpm range would 19 degree timing give because i always read different responses.

·
Registered
844 Posts
well octane boosters arent going to do anything for you. the only reason to run higher octane is if you have a high performance engine (turbocharged, etc.) or if you are running advanced timing. and for timing its probably better to just get higher octane gas at a gas station rather than using octane boosters. i dont know about octane boosters but there is a certain chemical in many injector cleaners that likes to eat through the o rings of sr20 fuel injectors which is why it isnt a good idea to use them.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You should not use octane boosters. As pointed out they will do nothing for your car, other than empty your wallet. If you have your timing advanced more than 15 degrees, then use 89 or 91+ pump gas. It will be cheaper than adding octance booster. Also, octane boosters may contain some chemicals that may decrease the life of certain components in the fuel system.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
besides containing detergents that barely clean anything, octane boosters do nothing.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Octane booster will bring ur octane levels up, but if u have a near stock setup then there's no need at all. Some people(turbo guys) keep octane booster in there car just in case, the gas station they go to is out of high octane gas, or if they heard random knocking from bad gas.

Overall, save ur loot. I been there as well. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are websites that go into great detail about octane boosters. They can work, but their help is so small. Also, you'd be better to just go to a paint store and get a gallon of toluene as that is the primary ingredient to boosters anyway. I have noticed increased mileage more than more power when I have used it in the past.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yah dude no real reason if youre stock, it shouldnt harm your motor if you do it occasionally but like i said, you shouldnt need it unless youre running 83

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Jeysers throw some in allready ........ Never know ya might supprise yourself

I run my p11 on 99Ron ....... Better Mpg ............ Dunno if its faster tho ..... Tiz fast enough allready :beard:

Woo bout 19 Degs BTDC tho :naughty:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts