Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to clear out my lights yesterday using the instructions found in g20style.com and i wasn't able to remove that long screw on the bottom right of the left headlight.. plus i realized there isn't a long screw on the bottom left of the left headlight so it got me wondering if the 2002 headlights are different and if it is then does anyone have some instructions for me.
tahnks
nick

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I think and keep in mind I dont have a G and IM new to the G-world BUT I believe the 02 heads come with the black backround--I like it like that--Y would U want to clear it out????

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
the black background is only the headlight surrounding its not chrome like the 99-01. if im not mistakin a long bolt sounds like the headlight leveler? and im sure there should only be one bolt holding on the corner light on the upper right of both lights

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
try to use a sockt wrench if ya can those losen up bolts real easy as long as its a decent sized scoket wrench you shpould have no prob. unless its just a philips head then get teh bigest driver you can get and tap the top of the driver while tryin to loseen it. learened that trick from my stereo guy.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
that infamous 3rd SCREW, everyone always had trouble with it. You really have to use a socket wrench and dig deep, manuever your hands into a position where you can unscrew it. It takes a lot of patience though!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a 2002 G20, and I have taken out my headlights a couple times. It is a bitch, especially the first time, but. . . just a recommendation, don't put back the 3rd screw after you get it out the first time. Its hard enough to keep it from falling once you get it out, and if you do get it out without dropping it, just leave it out. The 2 big bolts at the top hold the light in just fine. People may disagree with me, but I haven't had problems with it this way, and I've left the 3rd screw out for months. Also, the 3rd screw is directly ( maybe and inch or 2 ) below the long screw that changes the direction your head lights point it. Once you find that long headlight bolt, or whatever it is called, just feel down about and inch, and then back towards the light more, and you should feel it. I think I used an extension with an 8 or 10 mm socket to get it out. Seems to the best easiest way. Good luck.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I used a 1/8 baby socket ratchet with a 8mm deep socket and a small extension....it worked and got it loose...used my two finger the rest of the way but nearly dropped it couple times...Pretty hard to find...there is another bolt near it but don't unbolt that cuz thats for holding something else...on the passenger side...look for the A/C line with the cap on it...I think it says "Hi" on the cap...near the alternator....the screw is behind somewhere there where the cap is...need to feel with fingers to find it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts