Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Writing this post 40 minutes since my G was badly bruised by a bullying Buick Rendezvous. So I am on my way to an appointment, behind the Buick, the lady goes further as if to drop someone off at the door, I pull into the parking spot and BAM, she decides to back into my fav. car. I noticed her backing and honked but it was too late :( So, here is my G, with a BADLY dented rear passenger door. I probably have to get the door replaced :( and have to go through the insurance and the whole 9 yards with that. The cop said it was her fault since I was almost into the spot (one of the advantages if you drove fast...:D). I don't know how badly this is gonna affect the future sale of the car - damn you carfax :D

Ramsee.

·
Registered
182 Posts
guess you going to have to keep the car now :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't need this to be the reason to keep it. I love the G otherwise as well :), don't we all?

·
Registered
333 Posts
wow thats really too bad. i thought the new rendevous's (whatever) had the automatic backing-up alert chiming thing? she was probably on the cell phone anyway, women drivers...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, but it's good it happened at low speed and no one was hurt. Sheet metal can be fixed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, it was at under 10mph but still was amazed at the damage done. SUVs should be banned Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a scraped bumper on the same side of the car which I caused months ago... the evil in me thinks about making the insurance company pay it all... HEHEHE

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
ramsee said:
I have a scraped bumper on the same side of the car which I caused months ago... the evil in me thinks about making the insurance company pay it all... HEHEHE
Then they will have the last laugh (HEHEHE) when they raise your rates.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
This is all due to superior handling, braking, and acceleration of the smaller G20 in the hands of someone who appreciates it. Like a motorcycle, you just have to drive defensively and assume other drivers are going to do something stupid. Also, a lot of other cars aren't going to be able to stop as fast as us, so keep your eye on the rear-view when you brake suddenly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the exact same experience 2 yrs ago with my 95g20t, guy backed out in a F150 on his cell phone and I honked 3 times, bam right into the rear passenger door. He eventually admitted fault and his insurance paid. The body shop said it was really close to damaging the beam inside the door (would have required a new door, costly) but further teardown proved no beam damage so it was an easier fix. Good luck!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol.. Jacob. Its HER insurance company that is paying for it. So, I am not claiming a thing with mine ... so premium raises..hell no. Someone fucks with my car and my premium raised - No way. I hope no beam damage on mine either, but I am gonna make them replace my door. The damage is a li'l too extensive for a cosmetic job.

I'll keep what you said in mind lysander. It is true that we have to be more defensive to protect the G20s. We might consider declaring them a rare species or something, so people would be punished if they so much as scrape one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts