·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pushed it many of times, and I still can't figure out what it does.. If I can't find out via the forum, tomorrow when it's day, I'm gonna go wire chasing.. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wasn't able to view your pictures, but any chance it's an aftermarket roof?

ASC is the acronym for American Sunroof Corporation, who make sunroofs & factory convertible tops for all sorts of car models.

Is it just a logo?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
DonSwier said:
I wasn't able to view your pictures, but any chance it's an aftermarket roof?

ASC is the acronym for American Sunroof Corporation, who make sunroofs & factory convertible tops for all sorts of car models.

Is it just a logo?

Bingo,

www.ascglobal.com

I knew a guy that had an ASC sunroof put into his RX7. The button is probably the on and off button for the aftermarket sunroof. They probably just bypassed it and wired the on/off to the ignition or something.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The asc button is there for a reason. normally when you turn the car off without closing the sunroof, it won't close, but when you press the asc button and then turn the car off it will automatically close even if you locked the doors and you're walking away from the car

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suppose it was aftermarket then. Thanks alot all, Now I know why sometimes the sunroof closes when I take the key out, and sometimes it stays open. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
yeah my 91 has different buttons on the sunroof thing. i wish it closed automatically though. can you change the switch to make it do that?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm not sure if the ASC button is aftermarket or not, if it is it was installed at the factory. My G has always had it and i'm the original owner. I always assumed it meant Automatic Sunroof Close. My friend has a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee with this button as well, it also has had it from day one. Maybe Nissan and Chrysler subcontract ASC to put the sunroofs in before the cars are distributed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts