Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another stupid question:

I keep reading all of this information about turboing the p10. Since my car is in Taiwan, I am now worried about the compression ratio 10:1. For turbo's the best is 8.5:1 or so from what I gather. If I am with 10:1, can I turbo? Will this kill my car? Here in Taiwan, we can not change engines (The LAW). So if I kill my engine, goodbye car.

So if I get a smaller size turbo T25 and keep the PSI reasonable 8PSI, can I turbo? With this MOD and others getting up to 220 HP would be fine with me. Aslo, sicne my car is Auto, I do not think I can crank the HP more than this and still have a tranny.

I know! Search!! I have been and have been reading as much as possible. The issue of an auto tranny and compression ratio of 10:1 are the only 2 things holding me back from buying a turbo kit and have it installed.

thanks for any advice or help.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
i see in your sig that its a SE20DE? ive never heard of that motor. Im not sure if a lot of us are familiar with that engine, we have the sr20de.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
opps! LOL will change!

thanks for the heads up!

·
Former G20 Addict
3,429 Posts
I think you're on the right track. But answering a question like this is like shooting in the dark. Yes, it can be done. Running a small turbo at low psi, you are maximizing the chance that you can have your car a long time. With that being said, I wouldn't shoot for anything more than what you have mentioned above. I'd do a compression check on your motor, make sure all of my maintenance items are up to par, then give it a whirl. If you are looking for anything more than what you said, I would recommend doing a det swap, and getting a better transmission.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You can do it without a prob... you just need correct parts.

I would do

protech log manifold
t3/t04e trim 50 0.63 turbine housing stage 3 wheel
3 turbo back
550 injectors
nismo fpr
nice fmic
jwt ecu tuned for 10. comp
alky injection
10 lbs =260-70 whp and very safe....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. Will look at the sr20forum. wow, I can safely get about 260 HP? More than I thought.

I was thinking of purchasing a turbo kit such as 1 from HKS. I than do not need to hunt down each part. But I will look into jpsr20dets suggestions. I would sure like to have a manual boost control switch so I can put my car into wife mode or my mode. perhaps no turbo for her and 10 psi for me or set with a 5 psi and 10 psi switch. I need to look into this also.

On a side note: I have finally gotten a hold of a few people at club primera (A taiwan forum) So now I can meet up with them and see what they have done and the options available here in Taiwan. This should help greatly. But still a great fan of this site for sure.

Thanks for the help and advice.

·
Banned
59 Posts
a 10:1 compression ratio doesnt mean you cant boost. it just means that youll have a really nice powerband but you cant go real high on the boost. its all in the tune. tuning is what blows up motors.

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
let me get this streight. It is aginst the law to rebuild or replce you engine in your car when it goes? meaning if you blow your engine tht you are notalowed to put in even a replacement? If so that shit sucks ass. im crying for you right now

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the laws here in Taiwan are weird. There are a lot of other odd rules as well, but some are similar to other places. Car can not be lowered too much. 1" clearance from tire to top of bumper, exhaust tip can not stick out more than 4", etc. But we can darken the windows as much as we want (or as some do here, put curtains in thier car). So, while a concern for blowing an engine is normal due to costs in the states, here in Taiwan, you have to be will go sacrifice the car. OUCH!!!!! Therefore I am concerned about overdoing it in my car. For now I may stick with header, exhause,WAI, cams and ECU. You are all lucky, trust me!!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
p10det said:
well i gues you guys dont have many qr25 powered cars cuase they would be banned after 15k or so lol

i second that motion oil starvation ownes those motors like no tommorrow

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
yes i guess tiwan should just ban them bitches. Shit to mny peoples crs would have to be thrown in the trash before they can py them off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts