Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an AT Primera - where can I get a transmission (new/used) that will bolt on. How difficult a swap will it be?

I was thinking of just buying a SR20DET complete with transmission and ECU...what do ya'll think???

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
It may be difficult to find one w/ a manual tranny, at least it is here in the US.

The swap has been done before by a few people but, in my opinion, from what I've read its a bit of a pain.

Most have opted to trade in their car for a manual equipped one.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Best thing to do is find a Junked G20 and rob all the parts that you will need off of it. Tranny, Linkages, Master/Slave Cylinder, etc, etc, etc....

·
Registered
520 Posts
It's a pain either way you go. In the States...manual trannys are scarce. The dealer laughed in my face when I said I was looking for a manual. So I dunno.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Im pissed that I didnt get a manual trannie but my mother wouldnt permit me to buy one anyways. She knew that I was into racing cars and if I had a manual trannie I would push the car further and faster.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a site that sells clips. They have a SR20DET clip for $1799.
They say the clips are:

"Complete Engine Assembly, ECU, Axles, Clutch & Transmission, and All engine accessories (pumps, compressors, alternator etc). All swaps have a 60 day warranty"

I wrote them an email, but they're yet to respond. I figure if I can get this setup and it comes as they say, then it would be a good swap. And at least I'll have my parts to fall back on.... :cool:

Here's the link. Does anyone know of them??? Let me know what u think!

http://infinitemotorsports.net/JDM Swaps.0.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts