Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sup G.Net!

When swapping trans from non-lsd to LSD, do you need anything from the engine block or just the transmission casing?

Before boosting, what replacements would you make to an SR20DE Rr engine if it had 190K on an auto trans?

Recently salvaged an A/T LSD touring transmission (from a 2001) along with it's flywheel and torque converter.

Is there a difference between the non-Lsd and touring torque converters or are they interchangeable?

Do I need to be concerned about any differences in ECUs? my vehicle is a 2000 and the trans came from an 01.

When going turbo with a USDM rr engine, if you were going to boost less than 7-8 PSI, what diameter exhaust would you go with? Is there any benefit to going over 2.5?

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
you cant boost a AT, look up a old member by the name Koojo, its not worth the time & money.

the 01 should go right in, assuming your is also a LSD. if not, then you will need a new driver axle (a LSD one)

·
Registered
946 Posts
I think the 00' up's are all the same. I'll have to look at my 00' and 02' part cars and see if they changed any wiring for the valvebodys. I'm thinking of building the 02' auto with a level 10 torque converter and maybe a shift kit in the VB with 10psi... Probably won't be until it warms up tho...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Level 10 makes torque converters for G20?

Awe shit, I think I got the passenger axle and half shaft but not the driver axel. I need to go back!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: I have to pull out my motor to do some work on the steering assembly soon. I have a Crank Shaft Pulley that I am replacing while I'm at it, what other replacements would you make to an SR20 after 190K miles on stock non lsd trans?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if the motor is coming out, then replace the subframe bushings as well
Already sourced those parts from Charlie UNISA JECS, as well as all the other bushings save for the LCA since those have already been replaced.

I'm focusing more on Gaskets, seals, and engine type things that would be easier to do while the engine is out. My car has 190K atm so I want to tackle problems now

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
talk to 00 blk G20t

probably will need a shift kit and upgraded tq but even then won't know how long it will last until you try.
I'll send him a message soon, did he do the same thing?
I'm getting the Trans-Go shift kit, super cheap, and the TC will be coming from Level 10 shop most likely. Just thinking of other little things to do while I have the motor out, I don't plan on doing that a lot haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.