Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my atenna is stuck. i know its stuck because i can hear the motor turning but it wont come up. how do i get it unmstuck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
mine antenna does the same thing. It works most of the time, but it never goes all the way up or down, and every once in a while it won't come up at all, or if it comes up, it won't go down. The only thing I could think of to do to mine was put some WD-40 on it, but it didn't work very well. I dunno what ta tell ya, sorry.

:smoke: 1

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
My antenna used to not go all the way down, so a friend of mine (moron) is like, oooh lemme play with it, I can fix it! Dunno wtf he did, but it after that, all that happened was that u heard the motor going and the antenna wouldn't move.

What I did was pull the antenna out by hand, open the trunk, and disconnect the power to the motor (u can see the antenna + motor if u open the thing for the tools on the right) So now my antenna is permanently out. Not the best solution, but it beats the horrid noise the motor makes as it tries to bring the antenna in and out. :-\

I guess I'd have to get out and manually push the antenna in if I wanna go thru a carwash or something... I dunno, I wash her myself most of the time anyway, so that's not that big a deal.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
antenna

I just had mine fixed... the motor worked but the antenna wouldn't move.. turns out it was a broken plastic piece that the motor uses to wind it up and down. (sorry, that's the best way I can explain it)...

BUT, did you know that the power antenna is only for AM ...and that the FM antenna is actually in the rear window above the defrost... so you should still be able to have reception without the antenna... I had clear reception for 2 weeks until I had it fixed...

...:^)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I dunno... I guess the antenna is for AM, but like, when I pull it in and turn on the radio, I get no AM reception, and somewhat degraded FM reception. FM reception is much cleaner with the antenna out...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
u might be able to but be really careful not to bend it. Lube it, disconnect the motor, then try pushing it down. (I'm not 100% sure of this, but mine goes up and down if I push really hard)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes you can force it down, but it won't stay there unless you unplug the wiring. Its inside the compartment that holds your jack. This is just a short term solution..........

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
If my antenna broke on me I would take advantage of the stiuation. I would go to the local VW dealership and pick up one of those roof mouted antennas and have that installed. Then just have your old side mount shaved off and enjoy. =)

·
Registered
102 Posts
mine wont got up or down i think the motor is gone ... does anyone now how much a new motor costs??

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
new motor cost

don't even go there unless you have money to throw away.. the motor is over $300 US... try a junkyard or just go for the VW Fuba antenna instead..... those darn motors are too much damn money.. money better spent elsewhere on the car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
the motor on mine blew, too. and it stripped the plastic thread that raises and lowers the antenna.. but as the man said, 300 bucks for a new motor--forget about it! get one from a junk yard, man.. peace

1 - 17 of 17 Posts