Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my SES light has been on for a week now because of my IACV that i cleaned & i read online that you can " jump " the 2 wires on the port to access SES codes & when i did ( i didnt have a consult II , i hooked up a wire to the 2 plugs that i HOPE were the right ones ) the dash ding started to ding ( as if my head lights were on ) & the SES light remained on & when i tried to start it, it just kept cranking & cranking but it would not start.....i hope i didn't murder my ECU , im unemployed & can't afford even the smallest of expenses & it's my only car .....GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR i hate electronics!

Is there any way to maybe reset the ECU ? Right now i have the neg. cable disconnected & i'm waiting on my GF to give me a ride to the parts store to buy a OBD II code reader........any help would be greatly appreciated !

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
The 2000 onwards G20s don't have the screw to reset the ECUs and for some reason they are wired differently from the Euro P11-144 OBD-II ECUs which do work with the 'jump' trick... The Euro P10 and P11s which are OBD-I work with the wire trick too :-\

You could check the fusible links in the fusebox near the battery for a start.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even tho now when i put in the key it dings as if my headlights were on?
Would shorting a wire in the port back feed the power to the ecu? Or is there some kind of fuse to prevent that ? TIA

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just came in from scanning ECU & found code p1610 NATS malfunction....anyone know what a NTAS is?
BTW my a/c doesn't turn on anymore either dammit!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
markbuts3 said:
NATS is Nissan Anti Theft System. I didn't know the G20 had it....

Yeah i found out the hard way ... now i need to know where its located so i can either replace it or program it otherwise i have a car that is of no use to me....BTW my P/W dont work either

·
Registered
333 Posts
yeah the g has it. dont know much about it. but i hear you have to check all the sensors. that blows man. soorry im absolutely no help, just bored.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
InfinitiTuned said:
yeah the g has it. dont know much about it. but i hear you have to check all the sensors. that blows man. soorry im absolutely no help, just bored.
No problem man , i got all the time in the world to do my research & IF i ever get this thing running again i'm going to be a " Do not attempt to jump your OBD port, JUST BUY A FRIGGIN READER! " advocate

I'm thinknig i fried the Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer but i'm trying to find out if the IVI also controls the A/C unit and/or the power windows because since that stoopid move of mine they don't work either....i should be on the front page of The Idiot Times Weekly

maybe i can be on the Vonage commercial where people do stupid things...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so this is what i found P1610 Lock Mode 5 consecutive start attempts with either faulty ECM or IMMU & P1612 chain of ECM or IMMU Communication between ECM and IMMU is not possible

Either i fried the IMMU or the ECM or both or it may have just erased the program....still frusterated tho............

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok update. I went to check the fuses under the driver side kick panel by the OBD port & i found the fuse the powers the electronics , i believe its # 26 was blown , i replaced the fuse & cleared the codes & went through the ignition cycle & it started right up ....phew! i thought for a minute i was in deep doo doo .....

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Don't feel so bad...

After my right headlights stopped working. I rewired my headlights so that the left side would power up the right side too (can you say ghetto?).... only to find out there was another fuse I never checked that was blown. It would have solved the problem in the first place!

Demon

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently received this issue . I have p1610 ,p1612, p1614 . I was able to cycle through it. It worked for 2 target runs I made. Wont start now. Its cranking even starts for a second on a try I made yesterday. I'm lost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts