Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just getting into my Big brake setup, I have the calipers model #120-6806, the 1.38 piston setup, and I just got the [email protected] kit from Blue on the forum. I'm planning on using the drilled rotors model # 160-5865. I still haven't decided what pads to go with. I don't do any racing, these a mainly for bragging rights and show so I don't need any thing crazy, just a nice STREET setup.
I'm between the Q compound and the Bp10. let me know what you guys use and why

I also need to know a cheap place to get them from

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
I have the same set-up. Have a set of plain rotors as spare. I do no racing either (but I do drive fast when I can). Up to now I run T-compound Wilwood Matrix pads. These were discontinued (still have a spare set) after which I will switch to Q-compound, of which I have a spare set too. I have no experience with EBC-green or yellow but heard them being used too. I got my stuff from Summit, can get it locally too.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
SgtDGun said:
EBC Greenstuff
I'm having trouble finding an application for wilwood with ebc. google isn't being very helpful :( and it's not on there site that I see. is there a part # you know of?

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Loek said:
I have the same set-up. Have a set of plain rotors as spare. I do no racing either (but I do drive fast when I can). Up to now I run T-compound Wilwood Matrix pads. These were discontinued (still have a spare set) after which I will switch to Q-compound, of which I have a spare set too. I have no experience with EBC-green or yellow but heard them being used too. I got my stuff from Summit, can get it locally too.
I can vouch for Loek. I've been in his car several times. And these brakes do stop on a dime. I am very jealous. But as for his driving habits, he lies! LOL He doesn't drive fast 'when' he can, but rather 'ALL' the time!! LOL That's why Schumacher had to retire, he knew Loek was not far behind...............lol

But getting back on topic of this thread, Loek's setup is really nice!

·
Registered
590 Posts
OMG SgtDan.. you just joined last month and totally passed me up!! WTH!

Eridd. YOu can look into autospecialities (powerstop). They make some great pads as well!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Go w/ the Q's.

And search a few of pats threads and he recommends a place. Something like progressive but i'm too lazy to search for you and I lost it from my favorites when I swapped pc's a while back. Either way they have good prices, reliable, and good customer service. Plus pat recommends them so you can't beat it.

Gmac

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
TE's02p11G said:
OMG SgtDan.. you just joined last month and totally passed me up!! WTH!

Eridd. YOu can look into autospecialities (powerstop). They make some great pads as well!
Ummmm Does this make me a post whore? :)

Enohand started the SgtDan thing. Honestly I'm hoping its a Lt Dan joke :) I'd party with that guy!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Q compound, is the best compound available for everyday driving, I even used them in a couple of track days & auto X, no problem at all.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SgtDGun said:
EBC Greenstuff
SgtDGun said:
hmm I thought i found one before.
SgtDGun said:
SgtDGun said:
SgtDGun said:
or EBC green stuff.... dang brand loyalty
SgtDGun said:
Ummmm Does this make me a post whore? :)

Enohand started the SgtDan thing. Honestly I'm hoping its a Lt Dan joke :) I'd party with that guy!
what would make you think your a post whore? :smile:
but it seams all the people with first hand knowledge are using the wilwood pads. I still can't find anything that specifically says EBC has an application for wilwood, so I wouldn't even know how to order them. and to be perfectly honest I really don't want GREEN pads on my beautiful brakes

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
also does anybody know where to get just the rear stainless brake lines??

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well the big brake kit comes with front lines for the new calipers, but I want to upgrade the back lines to match. but I don't want to have to buy a full set of lines since I won't be using the fronts

1 - 20 of 25 Posts