Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends say theres something up with your car, they say your spraying because you beat that GSR on the freeway.
BTW the GSR has:
Skunk intake manifold
Greddy Evo exhaust
DC Sports Header
Intake
and 15 inch ROTA slipstreams (just listed because there light)

I told them you weren't but i said that would be cool if you were because that would explain why your cars faster than mine....HEHEHE:lol:

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Justin's car is faster than yours because:

- He has a JDM SR20 motor which is 10:1 compression ratio
- '91 Intake Cam
- HS header
- HS CAI
- UR pullies
- 19* ADV timing
- Lightened flywheel

He's definately not spraying anything. Thats just the typical Honda sore loser excuse. ;)

"...must've had NOS" :lick:

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Wow a P10 ate a GSR :rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
okay to me that sounds like b.s., but i guess there would be a major difference, since well im driving an auto.. and i do have a jdm sr20de motor, (anyone wanna buy it, btw?? only has 6k miles on it so far, new stock internals .. i would like a bb det, so that would help me along in my project.. f*ckin auto..) anyways, so well.. i guess actually i take it back, i could see a g20 beating a poo-tegra.. they are quite heavy.. maybe the 'teg didnt have alot of work done to it, it really was a gs-r or was it just one of those fake sticker things? either way.. thats pimp shit.. although.. i say videotape it next time.. whats cooler than showing avideo of you beating a honduh..

time to study for finals..

ez

babir

revolt-minus:smoke:

·
Registered
69 Posts
okay to me that sounds like b.s., but i guess there would be a major difference, since well im driving an auto.. and i do have a jdm sr20de motor, (anyone wanna buy it, btw?? only has 6k miles on it so far, new stock internals .. i would like a bb det, so that would help me along in my project.. f*ckin auto..) anyways, so well.. i guess actually i take it back, i could see a g20 beating a poo-tegra.. they are quite heavy.. maybe the 'teg didnt have alot of work done to it, it really was a gs-r or was it just one of those fake sticker things? either way.. thats pimp shit.. although.. i say videotape it next time.. whats cooler than showing avideo of you beating a honduh..

time to study for finals..

ez

babir

revolt-minus:smoke:

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
tekzilla04 said:
...and i do have a jdm sr20de motor

Just because its a JDM SR20 does not mean it is necessarily 10:1 compression. Justin's however happens to be a 10:1.

I wouldnt really say an Integra is heavy. The main issue is probably the crappy torque (or lack thereof) of Honda motors, coupled with the typical poor driving skills of most H-boys. :p

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Justin doesn't have a JDM motor. You have been falsly informed. The GSR's mods were listed and yes its a real GSR. I told him he wasn't spraying but whatever. I think it would be a differnet story if the GSR new how to drive. I know justins car is fast but not fast enough to beat a gsr that is modded similar to his.

BTW how can you call a GSR heavy our cars are heavier then theirs. We'll have a friendly rematch some time with somebody driving the GSR that knows how. Either way thats an awesome kill for justin.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
b-b00gie said:

Just because its a JDM SR20 does not mean it is necessarily 10:1 compression. Justin's however happens to be a 10:1.

I wouldnt really say an Integra is heavy. The main issue is probably the crappy torque (or lack thereof) of Honda motors, coupled with the typical poor driving skills of most H-boys. :p

ohhh yeah a GSR has the same if not more torque then our cars do stock.

the race also to place on the freeway where torque isn't a factor. i have no clue why the GSR lost but in theory it should have beetin him.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Blue93G20 said:
Justin doesn't have a JDM motor. You have been falsly informed.
You're right. Sorry about that. Justin has the intake cam from a 10:1 engine, not the engine itself. Doh!

Blue93G20 said:
ohhh yeah a GSR has the same if not more torque then our cars do stock.
True, but the GSR motor is also rated with more HP. Compare the HP to Tq ratios and who's is higher? I'll put all my money on the SR.

Hypothetically speaking, go build two engines. One with 1000whp and 100ft/lbs of torque and one with 400whp and 300ft/lbs of torque. Put them in identical cars. Race them all you wish. Come back and tell me who wins. I already know the answer. ;)

Blue93G20 said:
the race also to place on the freeway where torque isn't a factor.
Is that so? why? :nerd:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah but even with all Justins mods even i have to agree with my friends on this one, theres got to be something up or my friends are correct the GSR driver sucks. I hope there isn't because that means thats good shit. Me and justin need to race again now that i have my header back. :) . I got your ass this time. HAHAHAHA:nervous: . Anyways we need to get a rematch going between Justin and the GSR that way we can shut them up. Don't get me wrong i loved hearing from justin that he beat my friends GSR that was fucking awesome. Nissan over honda any day of the week.:p :p

P.S. This is funny shit Justin hasn't even replied yet. HAHAHA

Oh yeah torque only really matters the most off the line not between gears. thats hp territory. When your racing in third gear torque between these two cars isn't really a big factor. Now when you talk about a mustang or vette or something like that versus one of these cars yeah it matters.:p

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Blue93G20 said:

Oh yeah torque only really matters the most off the line not between gears. thats hp territory. When your racing in third gear torque between these two cars isn't really a big factor.
Oh yeah? Where do you think horsepower comes from? :confused:

I'll save both of us some time. Horsepower comes from the following equation:

[Torque x (engine RPM's/60)] / 5252 = Horsepower

Horsepower doesnt "just happen" just like babies aren't "just born". Similar to the "birds and the bees" there is "speed and torque". They go hand in hand, and the result is "horsepower". :p

Now all this aside, yes it should have been a very close race givin the 2 vehicles and their mods. But saying something like "torque doesnt matter unless its off the line" or that the GSR should have won because it has "more HP" is load of monkey poo! :monkey:

There's a thing called "Rice math" and another thing called "Science". I'm a firm believer in the latter. Don't let the previous mis-guide you. ;)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Either way all i'm saying is i'm amazed at justins car i wouldn't have ecpected that but hey SR20 power like a motherfucker.I'm glad he won, but i'd like him to shut my friends up and do it again. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, finally got to talk to the GSR guy to find out why he got beat so bad. Aparentley his dumbass left it in 4th the whole time. Just like i said stupid driver. Oh well, i'm not sure what gear justin was in but if he was in third that would explain it. Either way good kill cause he needs to learn how to race.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Ok, now that I fixed my computer (that's why i've been off the forum for a couple days now, actually since Friday night). I'll reply. I won, I don't have nitrous. I don't have a JDM motor, it's the original motor, with 87K miles on it, but I do have the intake cam out of one. I have all my mods listed (I think), and I'm totally down with him looking over every inch of my car, I have nothing to hide, I've very open with what I've done to my car, I've never been secretive (sp?) about anything on my car. And if I forgot to list a mod, it's just cause i truthfully forgot. Anyone who really knows me knows I'm not like that, that sucks they think that. BTW, he was in vtec and didn't miss any shifts.

I'm most likely going to speedworld in two weeks, if he wants a rematch we can go there, I'm going to go race my friend with his Cobra and all his Mustang buddies (hehe, GT's :mad: ) I really don't care, he can even look over my car before the race if he feels he really has too, it sucks he feels that way, but hey, some people are like that. I had a witness, he had a witness and they both saw what happened, there's nothing special with my car, other than I've always kept in it top mechanical shape and people don't know what the hell it is. Hell, i'd even to go SIR to race but that track sucks and it's too high in elevation.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Totally, It wasn't the kid with the GSR that was all hurt, it was a bunch of my other friends. They were like he has NOS and i said no he doesn't. The kid with the GSR was cool with it he just said he downshifted into 4 instead of 3rd. Either way thats his fault and for that he lost. I know your totally open about your mods and i told them that, i was like justins not the kind of person to lie about his mods and they were like he has to have NOS. Aparrently a Nissan can't beat a GSR without NOS. Whatever. I was stoked to hear that you won, thats fucking awesome.
As for him racing you at the drags, thats a long shot he won't even go to the drags with us. That and he doesn't like to redlien his car. He's one of those people that do mods just to say they have them, not to use them enough to have fun. Either way GOOD KILL. And i'm gonna whoop up on you now that i have my header back. HAHAHAHA right.:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts