Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first adventure with auto seatbelts in a '92 P-10. The seatbelt lite and chime was going off after driving for awhile which was irritating. FSM had a diag procedure, which indicated it was one of the switches in the rear latch. I made the mistake of taking the rear latch apart- like taking an alarm clock apart- a few of the pcs went down inside the window pillar, had to take the whole thing apart, couldn't get it back together right- not sure if I even have all the pcs. or if they're back in right. Lite now on all the time and it isn't latching when it's supposed to.

Lessons learned so far: Don't take the latch apart. Seems like it is best to find another salvage, or get a new one from everythingg20- only like under $40. - and replace the whole assy. I've got another set coming now, so that's my plan. If you do decide to try and take it apart, my suggestion would be to take off the whole latch assy as a unit, get it on a table somewhere, then take it apart so you can see how it works, goes together, and less likely to lose pcs.

Anyone had experience with this? I think overall airbags are easier to deal with.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I converted my 91' p10 to manual belts instead. I didn't have the motivation to track down why the seatbelt chime would come on randomly. It's not a hard procedure, but you'll need to get lucky with the junkyard to get all the parts necessary for the conversion.

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
He got better than lucky with a junkyard, he got parts from someone that cares whether or not they sell what the buyer wants :teeth: Sending him the WHOLE assy. anyway, so he can make any combination of assemblies he wants! Ha!

Oh, Lysander, had to work late tonight so I didn't get it shipped. Working on tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Anybody ever tried disabling the seatbelt chime? I'm having it come on intermittently while driving and it annoying the piss out of me. I have no interest in fixing what is causing it to do this unless there is no other way to get it to stop doing this...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts