Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was running the VE throttle body and TPS, kept getting early shifts and hard 1-2 and stuck in overdrive with no downshift. Figured the VE tps was bad since adjusting tps did nothing to the state of the car and the fact that the tps was made for use on a cvt transmission.

Now I went ahead and threw on my DE throttle body and TPS, I get downshifts now in each gear, startup idle is normal somewhat, but now I get jerked into reverse an drive when I'm changing gear, and still hard 1-2 shift, like slamming into 2nd even on light throttle. So does it sound like TPS voltage is way off? I'm also going to clean all the ground connections and also check to make sure all trans sensors are making clean contact. Might even be in limp mode, which i dont know how to diagnose, feels like line pressure is pretty high to avoid slip causing hard shifting - limp mode symptoms.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
limp mode does not let you rev past 3000 rpm,

you did ve on auto? I think that's your problem.

I would say 5 speed swap with a tuned ecu.

I think you are going to mess the tranny up like the auto turbo guys did. good luck.

jorge
That's the gray area, and extra 12ftlbs of torque aint doing much (especially only being utilized at 7500rpms lol,) ecu is tuned everything is good i just think the TPS needs to be calibrated I just want some input, hopefully see you soon at a meet yeah my friend?

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Get a multimeter. Stick the prongs into the signal and ground wires, set the multimeter correctly. Ignition should be on, car not running. You should have a .35-.65v reading with the throttle body closed, around a 3.0v reading with the throttle body about halfway open, and 4-5v reading with the throttle body completely open.

EC-106 in FSM
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G20/1996_G20/1996_G20/ec.pdf

Not much else to talk about here, if the TPS is within those ranges it is working correctly and you most likely have another issue.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
The VE dislikes auto trans as much as the rest of us lol. Follow the fs,m procedure and report back. I almost destroyed my tps because my probes were to big. Others have stuck metal paper clips in and touched the probes to them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The VE dislikes auto trans as much as the rest of us lol. Follow the fs,m procedure and report back. I almost destroyed my tps because my probes were to big. Others have stuck metal paper clips in and touched the probes to them.
use needles and pierce the jacketing on each wire and use alligator clips...that way you have your hands free to adjust if need be.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I adjusted tps to 0.38 at idle, shifts smoothly into gear again, still have hard delayed shift sometimes when using only a small bit of throttle, shifts quicker and smoother if i give it gas, i think tps needs more adjustment, gets better and better each time i make an adjustment will report back. Overdrive light always flashes before i start the car, thinking may have forgot to connect a sensor to the trans on the reinstall. or tcm could be bad since i accidentally arced the battery with a wrench... lol or even battery could have taken a dump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.