Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe i'm just used to toyota gearing but when i'm at a rolling start like anything below 20mph on all the toyotas and lexus' i driven they've always kicked back to 1st gear and kinda snatched your head back to the seat. i know it sounds bad but i'm used to it. also when i'm in my G at 30mph or so i hit the gas a little and it always picks the higest gear, i'm guessing 4th, making it seam really slow. it also changes gears to fast i'm trying to pass someone and i floor it and it kicks back like its supposed to, but as soon as i even slightly let my foot off the gas pedal it will move up a couple of gears, i HATE that. i wish they had the ECT buttons like in the toyota to help retard the timing on the transmission. is there a way to fix it? someone told me that the previous owner drove the car like it was a lincoln so the ecu learned their driving style so he told me to reset it and find out what happens from there. Do you think he's right or is it just all g's that pick the wrong gear?

Thankx Brian
sorry its so long

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
This is what i've been told about the ecu reset they said that it does relearn the driving style of the person after being reset but it hasen't been stated what exactly it relearns other then if you make any modifications like engine stuff and CAI and tc.. To reset it they say just dissconect the battery for about 30 min's and your good to go.

About the trans try when heavy accelerating turning the overdrive button to off before i replied i didn't check if you have p10 or 11 if p10 i'm not sure if you have od but in p11 just turn it off and you should see better results turn the AC off and let fan blow. Right now our second car is a is3 and i do see what you are talking about.

What you can do about this is get a aftermarket torque converter and that should releave alot of loss power in the trans making it super efficient and you can look for that at

http://www.levelten.com/

good luck man .. level ten cost some money but the end result is you can walk away with a race setup on your auto trans

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so are you saying that its my car and that i need to reset the ecu and see what happens or is it just what g's typically do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts