Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my G a few months ago, and have slowly been bringing it back up to a decent stock level of cleanliness/drivability, ect. One of the main thing that SUCKED was the really harsh shifting transmission. The guy the works on my cars (I can do a lot myself, but I work 55 hours a week, and just don't have time) told me to add about a half a bottle (4 oz) of GM limited-slip additive (Part # 1052358) to the transmission. I finally did this about a month ago, and have driven a few hundred miles. I can now report that it fixed the problem. Shifting is now very smooth, and improved the overall driveablility of the car tenfold. My next question, do the transmission and differential share fluid? Or does the diff have a separate fluid reseviour?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
It should all be the same thing I believe. As far as I can tell (and remmber) with the auto tranny you just have the one fill point.
It takes 7.0L of fluid (7-3/8 qts.) My guess is you were maybe just low on fluid and adding the fluid just brought it up to the proper level and smoothed out the shifts.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Red Line ATF

I have been using RED LINE ATF, and it really does work. AT shifts smooth even in cold winter time. Next time try RED LINE products

1 - 3 of 3 Posts