Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that its said that you can't run the AWD setup from Japan but why is that? If you had a engine/trans. and a rear end whats the problem with doing an AWD, I'm guessing costs and parts availability is the only thing holding back AWD in the US.

·
Registered
844 Posts
i dont think anyone would disagree with me saying awd would be badass but the price to get the parts over here and then fit them to a g would be ridiculous. if you do it though please let us know!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
it would be like making the 240sx into a skyline...it is able to be done but the price to do it is outrageous.

JAYGOTBOOST said:
....all in all makes you just want to go the lsd route instead
I agree with Jay...if you want better traction it would be easier to go with the LSD

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
As far as I recall, which I believe is correct, the JDM AWD Primera HNP11 and US G20 HP11 do not have the same undercarriage which would makes things a problem.

What I would like to do is get a fairly rare LHD HNP11 from somewhere.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i dont think the undercarage differnces are that much to overcome

i think sourcing the whole drivetrane would be more difficult

give me 30 grand in donations and ill do a swap for u guys

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
30K can over come a lot. Though there is a lot different between the two - HNP11 and HP11.

Jay, I think is more on the right track swapping to LHD from a somewhat common HNP car that is imported.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
KwikyMAN said:
the rear sub-frames are different. this includes fuel tank, and general layout of the entire rear half of the car.
^^^ True that my friend.

You'd really have to import a whole HP11 AWD to get every part. Then what do you do when a part breaks? I guess if you've got thousands upon thousands to throw into the G then it would be cool to see here in the states.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Why get a pulsar rear end ?? It's not the same as a P10 AWD rear...

You'd be better finding an AWD P10 in Iceland, Norway etc and getting that shipped over.

ZoliElo said:
What I would like to do is get a fairly rare LHD HNP11 from somewhere.
Fairly rare ?? LHD P11 AWD ?? You mean non existent ??

·
Registered
844 Posts
markbuts3 said:
You'd be better finding an AWD P10 in Iceland, Norway etc and getting that shipped over.
i thought only new zealand got the t4?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
From what I understand they can be found in LDH northern Europe according to the Dutch that I have talked to. Finding one is going to be a pain in the butt as the car is getting older daily and I do not know the languages.

With money that I do not have for a car, right now, it could be found. 20 to 30K could get it done... Less if I illegally make it look like a US G20 or just make it into a show or track car.

For now I need to focus on housing (with a few toys for my G20 now and then).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts