Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some people know that I'm running a B13 trans in my G...94 trans to be specific with LSD.

When the swap was done, we used a Raxles driver's side axle but kept the original auto non-lsd axle in on the passenger side.

Now, my passenger axle is starting to make some really horrible noises...and theres axle grease all around the CV boot...

Now, i found on napa's site they have both manual/auto axles and ones for non-lsd/lsd. should i just buy an auto non-lsd axle or go with the manual with lsd axle? I know the one i have fits, and was thinking just go with what works, but maybe theres one that fits even better...who knows...maybe i'm just overanalyzing this..

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Is your trans auto or manual? In order to use the LSD axle, you'll need an LSD axle bracket that bolts to the block. The inner CV is closer to the wheel on the LSD passenger axle to match up with the shorter axle on the driver's side. You always want to have the distance between the inner/outer CV joints as close to the same as possible to prevent torque steer.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's now manual...it was an automatic...

drivers side axle (manual, lsd) -> trans (manual, LSD) <- passenger axle (auto, non-lsd)

thats how my setup is currently

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Ah, i wasn't aware that the auto axles were splined the same on the transmission side, that's def. good to know. I'd just order another auto non-lsd axle, unless you can find that bracket for a LSD one.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just never realized there was a bracket needed for the LSD axle on the passenger side...good to know...

but you also brought up the torque steer issue...i did notice that i have had a decent amount of torque steer since the swap...maybe thats the reason...

and my axle just got hella worse today sounding on the way to work...arrrg...i was hoping to put this off till next weekend when i actually had time to fix it...

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone have a picture of this bracket by chance? I kinda want to see what bhowle is talking about...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
im gonna swing by autozone on the way home see what they got/can get and for how much.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks buddy =)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
haha just so everyone knows, jason's car broke down on the way home today, partially axle related ... not to mention i ordered one for him about an hour earlier lol

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah that was fun....

So here's what happened...my axle is still a massive problem waiting to happen...snapped this picture on the side of the road today:

The boot is definitely seperated...axle grease all over everything...needs to be done soon...

Also, two of my wheel studs snapped, and one lug came off...so i was down to one lug on the front right wheel...let me tell you...thats not fun...

I took one lug off the rear wheel, put it on tight on the remaining stud that still was there on the front right, drove it slow as hell to my mechanics and dropped off the keys...

Friday Mike and I should be both tackling our axles...

Now...here's what my mind is pondering...i've snapped another wheel stud before...i'm not liking the whole "tuner lugs" so much...seems like they are more trouble than they are worth...i still would like some decent rims (15-17, but able to use regluar lugs)...any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
how hard are u torqueing them? its supposed to be about ~100ft/lbs

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure...i always went from the hip with tightening lug nuts...never had any problems till i got the Motegi's and had to use tuner lugs...

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dont remember off hand...got them from my mechanics shop a while back last time i snapped a lug

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
i know over tightening can snap studs. or maybe yours are just old and need some changing? theyre like under $2 each at autozone.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think i didn't tighten them enough...one of them came off...and the other two snapped off...possibly from falling off as well?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
or maybe u under tightened them. when one finally fell off it overloaded the 2 nearest it and they broke off with the studs. (actually thats most likely the situation)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts