Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. it seems that Jon (Cavern) is in need of a good rack! (aren't we all!) :naughty: Steering rack that is.. :)

We're planning to hook up this coming weekend the 6th or 7th, to swap out Jon's steering rack and maybe do one or two other car related things..

The exact date will be set by Jon and posted in this thread tomorrow. Oh, and we'll be meeting down here in Chandler.

·
Registered
961 Posts
P10 WRC said:
i might be able to make it, maybe even give some pointers to him since i replaced the rack in my p10 and know how it's done
With lots of extensions and universals. :ditsy:

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mini meet will be at my house on Sat the 6th (yes THIS Saturday). I'd say around 10 am will work.

For those that want to show up and want to know to get to my place, PM me.

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
I really AM in need of a good rack... ;)

And yes Kyle is correct, Saturday the 6th, 10am, be there!

I mean come on, who doesn't want to hang out with some of the OG's? :p

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all!!

Well we had a fun time workin' on Jon's (Cavern) car today... the steering rack wasn't too tough to swap.. just time consuming..

Justin arrives on his sexy bike!!

Jon all happy about his new rack!! :teeth:

Jon doing the deed!!!

Me getting back from taking J-Mac's Bike for a ride.. (Thanks J-Mac!!) :naughty:

What it looks like out side the operating room....

Jon saying "Hmm... will this poly bushing fit on the new rack???"

What was left over of our lunch (the American Jolibee!!)... In-N-Out!

And Justin saying to my two youngest son's "I'm not Justin-Gym.. you're looking for a jungle-Gym!!"

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
Thanks to the OG's as usual (Kyle, Justin, Chuck) for the help, I wouldn't say it was difficult, just time consuming as Kyle said. Had we known what parts to take off sooner, it would have gone faster. We also dide some extra work while we were down under the car. We'll be planning another soon to do some work on octotats (Chuck's) car.

My Notes:
  • Remove CAI
  • Remove Heatshield for Cat
  • Remove Downpipe
  • Remove Shift Linkage
  • Drop Crossmember
  • Disconnect tie rod ends
  • Disconnect Rack from Subframe
  • Unhook from steering colum
  • Disconnect lines/Drain
  • Pull out rack
  • Reverse

PS. Kyle's sweater gives super human strength, some bolts finally met their match. :teeth:

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did we forget to mention that "Chuck was actually right" on some points during this meet? :eek:

I just wanted to post it here..so everyone else would know!! :lol:

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
cavern said:
Thanks to the OG's as usual (Kyle, Justin, Chuck) for the help, I wouldn't say it was difficult, just time consuming as Kyle said. Had we known what parts to take off sooner, it would have gone faster. We also dide some extra work while we were down under the car. We'll be planning another soon to do some work on octotats (Chuck's) car.

My Notes:
  • Remove CAI
  • Remove Heatshield for Cat
  • Remove Downpipe
  • Remove Shift Linkage
  • Drop Crossmember
  • Disconnect tie rod ends
  • Disconnect Rack from Subframe
  • Unhook from steering colum
  • Disconnect lines/Drain
  • Pull out rack
  • Reverse

PS. Kyle's sweater gives super human strength, some bolts finally met their match. :teeth:
you know jon, i did a write up on this install with pictures and tips on making it go faster. you should have read it. sorry i could not make it guys, too much going on for me yesterday

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
MrFancypants said:
Justin got a bike!? You nut... at least you wear a helmet ;)
Yeah, I've had it for a while now... In addition to the helmet i always wear a leather jacket, gloves and boots. I guess trying to be safe... if that's possible? =)

And for the record... I didn't want anyone taking my picture.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JustinP10 said:
And for the record... I didn't want anyone taking my picture.
Oh WHATEVER!! As soon as Justin showed up he was like "TAKE A PICTURE OF ME ON MY BIKE!! Don't I look cool?"

Jon and Chuck, jump in here anytime..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts