Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what wrong here but i raised the front of my car about a inch inch and half on the spring and the car didnt move. Does anyone know what wrong here. From what i heard u have to lower the perches to make the car go higher but then i alos heard u have to highter them to make it go higher. Does anyone know the truth cause nothin came with the coilovers sayin this stuff. thanks peace

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
you are probably riding the bumpstops.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok if im riding the bumstops what do i do to fix this and is that bad? thanks and yea the place told me that lowering the perches raises it, so basically they're idiots.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
how low is your car right now?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yep you're definitely riding on the bumpstops. When I installed my JICs, I initially lowered it about 2" and I was riding the bumpstops. I raised it about 1/2" and now the ride is great. Let us know how the B&Gs are after you get it off the bumpstops.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I wouldn't think the JIC's would have that problem since they are already shortened over an 1".

Anyway, over 2" is probably too low on the B&G's since I haven't confirmed how much if any the shocks are shortened. I know at 1.7" the TEINS have very little travel with stock bumpstops. Even if the B&Gs use shortened struts they use the stock bumpstops, IIRC.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well its not the ride im complainin about its the fact that it wont even raise up. But anyways i raised it about a half inch from the height before which was around 2 1/2 but nothin yet Well ill try it again thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I'd try to keep moving it up until your car moves. I agree with Jason on this one, you're most likely on your bumpstops. Isn't the ride really rough?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea its a little bouncy but i thought they suppose to be bouncy like that. ill try raisin it up this wknd to see if that works. any other info would help thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I raised it today. It looks like it raised but not too much. Id say i raised it about a 3/4 inch on the spring and it only looks like it went up 1/4? Doesnt sound right but i dont know ill have to call the company to see what they have to say about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts