Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B13 LSD vs. P10 no LSD:

B13 is closest to the camera, P10 no LSD behind

On the B13 LSD I put the little electrical plug pointing at a bulge that the P10 tranny does not have.

Chris

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here I even labled it.... you can CLEARLY see the difference:

Chris

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Hmm, not really the bulge everyone refers to.

The bulge everyone looks for is where the driveshaft comes out of the tranny just below there. On the LSD tranny the hole is bigger and it bulges out. On the non-LSD tranny the hole is the same size as the other side and is flatter.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
markbuts3 said:

I know that, and I wasn't trying to steal your glory. Just another way to identify a B13 LSD, the "bulge" you guys use is harder for me to notice.

"My bulge" is STILL THERE on the B13 LSD, and NOT THERE on the p10 no-lsd.

Chris

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
SuperblkStalion said:
LSD has this huge bulge like me in my pants.

non-lsd has no bulge like girlie men.

any questions?

Yeah I got a question, which ones LSD? They look like they both bulge.

First of all I have never seen a P11 or B15 tranny thats why I brought up B13 vs P10.

*EDIT* I realized these are both LSD transmissions sorry I did not know that at first.

Chris

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
If you look at the pic of the two LSD trannies above, they aren't identical in that area though.

Just the seal size will give it away :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
markbuts3 said:
If you look at the pic of the two LSD trannies above, they aren't identical in that area though.

Just the seal size will give it away :)

Totally agreed, the seal 2x as big on one side is the dead giveaway.....

*EDITED*......... gimme a minute I think I get it now.

You guys are talking about THIS bulge...... I get it now:

The P10 receeds WAY FURTHER in where I have it circled in blue....

Chris

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
EPSentra said:
Mark, doing a comparo like Chris showed helps as it's real easy to see too. Just another good way to determine which is what.

Jorge, a b15 lsd compared to b13 non-lsd? What are you saying? Totally different trans series.
Look at the are highlighted by Chris but on Jorge's pic. They are both LSD trannys but that area is different. Not an ideal identification marker. The bulge is self evident once you get it and the seal is the icing on the cake :p

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
Hmm. I think anyone new to this situation should look at all the data and take a couple Valium and mull it over for a while. It's tough for a newb to see what is being discussed maybe. Easy if both trans are sitting in the garage but if you only have one of them??? Ha!

It may help to for newbies to understand that the clean trans in Jorge's first pic is a B15/P11 and a totally different series trans than the others here.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
markbuts3 said:
Look at the are highlighted by Chris but on Jorge's pic. They are both LSD trannys but that area is different. Not an ideal identification marker. The bulge is self evident once you get it and the seal is the icing on the cake :p
I got it now. "My bulge" is still valid though, but ONLY for identifying a B13 LSD against a P10 NO-LSD I understand that now.

P.S. Sick Primera Mark :cool:

Chris

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
markbuts3 said:
Pic in sticky edited...any clearer ??

OH MY GOD, YES!!!!!!!! 1000x clearer! Funny just adding those circles and I can see it now......

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44235 <- See it here

Thank you Mark, I wasn't even trying to be like RawR you have to use my picture I just couldn't understand it the way the picture was before and I was always confused about it when I first joined this forum.

THANKS Mark,

Chris

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
No problem. I know you sent me the pics ages ago....when Karen was in hospital iirc. I did look at them but as you see, they don't show the bulge we all refer to, that's why they didn't end up in the sticky :)

Glad you got it now, some people just don't 'see' the bulge :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts