Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,, hi all. Long since I did any posting now. Still rockin the Ve and all, and I've been looking around for some upgrades. Calum ECU's have been on my mind for almost forever now, and it seems like he's making great products. Now, what I was wondering, was if anyone could combine any knowledge here, and tell me if the B14 and euro P11 ecu's are interchangeable. I remember a lot of things being similar when working on the swap, but I've lost all the work and schematics I had when I did that, so it would be so nice if someone could give me a firm yes or no. I want to be sure, and to be sure when there's so many variations (At least it seems like that to me?) is quite a big job :S

Well..have fun boys and girls :)=

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
is your car obd2? if yes, is it the 16 bit ecu or 32 bit ecu? afaik the b14 calum ecu is swappable into a 94-96 p10 g20 and a 99 p11 g20.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
If you are able to find your ecu pinouts oen cuaold compair with the b14 if their is pinout defernts you my have to swith a few wires .
also i have no clue on euro emissions systems . cuase i have never seen a euro nissan

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The emission systems are not..well..there. They are in a certain way, but basically they just do an emission test when you take it to a "EU Control" (which you have to do ever second year after your car is 5 years old). But if you take it to a shop that's not, well, let's say it like this: all shops wont go crazy if the readings are just a tad too much ;)
I went to a Nissan place with my DE, and they went crazy cause all my values was about 0,2-05% over the required specs. Then I put the VE in, and went to another place, and they didnt say a thing. They also did noise checks and everything, and I know I could never pass that, as my car is way too loud, but they didnt say enything :)

But thanks for the suggestions. I dont know what OBD i have really..and finding pinouts is difficoult..but I THINK I used a B14 pinout diagram when putting the VE in...I'm just not 100% sure :p
I remember a few wires had other colors and placements than the diagram I had, and I had to make a list of what was what. But of course, that list is now gone, and so is all the sheets and diagrams I used all those hours to study and crosscheck, so I'm basically where I started :\

I'll try to find out what OBD thingie I have, and I'll try to get some pinouts. I know the UK-site www.sr20ve.co.uk has some. If you look over there, there are two diagrams for "SR20VE Pinouts", with and without wires. But I have no idea if that's for mine? DO you thionk there are differences between euro and us P11's with rr engines?

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
can you not get someone at a deler to print you the ecu pin out of your car and possiblly wire collors just to make the idea a bit more easy.
If the wire collors are different but pinouts are the same than it a plug in sitution
if you cn get the most info you can we can figure this out for you. you may need to switch a few sencors and such of the older vehicle parts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Weird thing about the p11 fsm is they do not have a page with the ecu and the pin outs labeled together. At the beginning of the EC section they have the ecu harness pins labeled by number but you have to read through each page to find out all the pin outs. I guess someone could compile them and make a good labeled pin out but it would take some time.. :baffled:

Mike

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
yeh i dont think a b14 ecu would work well with that as thats an obd2 ecu

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I think either way that some one should scroll throughand have the b14 pin out ndy nd just mark ny difrince down.
I know on nissan assit we use we can print a page of all wires nd oins operating ec.
I had to do this for place that was instlling a turbo kit on 06 spec-v. turns out the problem they ran into was that the sentras with nats system had eigther crank or cam sencor wire opposite of those with out nats.

even if the ecu plugs right in I think it would be safe to look for change. dont want you to fry your new ecu if you know what i mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts