Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled a nice LSD trans from a 2000 sentra se and I intend to swap it into my g20. The place I pulled it from wanted extra for the axles so I did't get them because I wasn't sure that I needed them or if they were the right ones. Does anyone out there know exactly which axles I need to use this trans? I think I need them from an older LSD car, but it would be nice if I could just use the same ones or pick up the ones that were in this trans before. Any other insight about doing this swap would be nice. Im considering lightening the flywheel while im in there... Thoughts?

·
Registered
110 Posts
If your G20 had an LSD tranny then you can use your axels with the B15 transmission. If your tranny was not LSD then you will have to get one axel from a G20 that had an LSD. With the limited slip transmission, the driver's side axel is a little shorter than with the non-LSD tranny. Also, the hubs off a B15 are not the same as the hubs on your G20, so you have to use an axel from a G20, not a B15.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The splines on the input shaft of the axels are all the same (Sentra, G20). It is the hubs that are different. If you can switch the hubs rom the G20 axels to the Sentra axels then the Sentra axels will work in the G20.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you think that when I switch the hubs I should change over the brakes from the sentra too or keep my g20 brakes? Are the bolt patterns the same? someone told me that a sentra is 4/100. Just to verify, you are saying that the 2000 sentra axles are the same length as the 93 g20 axles and the splines are the only difference? Thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
Someone please tell this guy to just buy G20T axles....... why do you want to put sentra hubs on your car just to buy sentra axles?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I allready have the sentra axles and I can get the hubs for $40 tomorrow. The cheapest I can find g20t axles is $85 each and they would have to be special ordered so I don't know when I would see them.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
you only need the driver axle for the g20t. the other one should be fine if it was manual trans already. dont go through the hassle of swapping hubs. you dont even know for sure if it will work.

·
Registered
582 Posts
There, you only need driver side g20t apparently.

Chris

·
Registered
110 Posts
The axels are the same lenght and the imput shaft splines are the same. It is the hubs that are different. But the other forum members are right. You should just pick up an LSD G20 driver's side axel. It will bolt in and all the brakes and various parts will fit with no problem.

There is also a need to check if you have ABS brakes or not. There is some difference in the axels depending on whether or not you have ABS, but I am not sure what that difference is.

Mega

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope you guys are right. I'm going to order the driver's axle tomorrow morning. I have been working on pulling my trans and I was wondering if anyone knows if it is best to detach it from the rear engine mount or pull it with the mount and that big piece that goes from front to back?

Also... Stang, where did you get that carbon fiber trunk lid and how much weight did it save you?

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
there are a couple p10 carbon fiber trunks floating around. i got lucky and picked it up here on the forum from a member that never installed it. there are only a couple around now. i think there were originally 6 and probably a few less than that now. i know at least 1 was painted and 1 might have been destroyed. as for how much weight it saves, i cant say exactly, but the stock trunk to this is no comparison. probably around 50-60 lbs for the stock trunk and about 15 lbs for this. these are guesses though. i might weigh the hood and trunk eventually to see for sure.

*edit: there is currently a group buy going on for a carbon p10 trunk but it might have fizzled out for now. a few people are interested in having them made again though

·
Registered
582 Posts
SR20DET_G20 said:
I hope you guys are right. I'm going to order the driver's axle tomorrow morning. I have been working on pulling my trans and I was wondering if anyone knows if it is best to detach it from the rear engine mount or pull it with the mount and that big piece that goes from front to back?
We ARE right. And yes you should DEFINATELY pull the rear crossmember mount and HUGE bracket that it attaches to, it makes it very difficult removing / installing the tranny.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts