Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993.5 Infinti G20 that started its life out in California, then moved to Arizona, then Georgia, many years in Kentucky after than and then somehow found its way to Wisconsin where the previous owner we purchased from appeared to have found a parking block and took out the oil pan --- so yes it needs an engine. Poor thing got 'parked' and left for almost 3 years until today when we rescued it and bought it. Amazingly enough it was in a spot that saw no exposure to salt in winter so it has good bones.

Its super low mileage and where it came from shows by the complete lack of rust anywhere! <-- can you tell I'm excited by the lack of rust?

Bottom line is this is our newest project car that will be a daily for us.

·
Registered
920 Posts
That's amazing! I thought we were doing good to find a P11 with 100k on it :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Looks in fantastic shape

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is in amazing condition. I never would have imagined finding a 93 P10 this clean, this rust free, this low mileage this close to home!

Tonight we got it started up but it needs either an ac compressor, power steering pump, water pump or something is amiss with the timing chain tensioner (but this is for another day). Tomorrow we can drive it off the trailer under its own power though-- YAY!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same car with 150K miles (except it is the leather seat/sunroof model). Currently garaged in south Florida but spent most of its life in Atlanta. Excellent body/interior and still runs great. I am the original owner and am considering parting with it if I can find someone who will appreciate it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice!!! it's in Beautiful Shape, you don't see to many p10s around anymore, I see F-up p11 every now and then around here in Colorado. I have never actually seen a nice p10 besides mine around where I live, or even a messed up one.

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks. My hubby drove it to work for the first time this morning. I was using it for errands yesterday. New blower motor shows up today (something else it needs) besides the blower motor resister already replaced.

We are quickly working to making it super nice for us as I also ordered an Kenwood HU with bluetooth built in (along with Sirius and Aux in of course) that also shows up today.

Anyway, so far we've done the following:

Fixed the A/C (new bearing on the compressor) so that's ice cold
New Passenger Motor mount
Oil change (took some nasty bends out of the oil pan too)
New sway bar end links,
Driver side axle re-booted (outer boot just started to tear but no damage done yet with plenty of grease there still)
New spark plugs
Rotate wheels (all season tires with 50,000 mile rating only have about 10,000 miles on them and needed to be rotated)

Still on the 'to do' list (parts either ordered or will be bought soon) is as follows:

- distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires
- VC Gasket
- both upper control arms
- speakers and HU
- Ford Taurus cup holder install mini-project in the farther future

·
Registered
638 Posts
I am on my way back to a G20 as well! After 5 years, here I am. I thought I had kicked the bug.... Guess not oh well. Seeing Colin G's RHD come down from Seattle ignited my flame. Working on picking up a 92' P10, just need to arrange the funds to allow it. Welcome back.

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
To give an update, we've done some things including completing 2 mini-road trips with good success. (one was 148 miles round trip and the other 164 miles round trip) so we've put just over 330 miles on it now.

Anyway to date the following has been completed now:

- Replaced A/C compressor bearing (A/C works nicely now)
- New blower motor and blower motor resistor (always good to have working fan for A/C or heat of course)
- New passenger motor mount (NOS Nissan OEM liquid filled)
- New Spark Plugs

On the 'to do' list (and parts have been ordered) is as follows:

- new struts/shocks front and rear including replacing bellows and rubber top mounts
- distributor cap, rotor and spark plug wires
- fuel filter
- Kenwood HU (still need to find and purchase 4 new speakers -- waiting for black friday deals on this)

..and I might be leaving out some details but check out the spare keys that just showed up today! In all my different years of G20 ownership, this is a 1st for us!

·
Registered
20,808 Posts
Nice. You even have the tag with the key pattern on it so if you wanted to spend hundreds at the Infiniti dealer to cut you a new key instead of $3 at the hardware store you could LOL.

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet!! Nice find. No rust amazing!! What about (G spot) behind the battery on the frame and ground? picture?
zero rust anywhere except typical rust on area of the actual brake rotor where pads aren't touching. I think there might be some slight surface rust in a couple of spots from rock chips and/or scratches as well but its too cold now to try to treat and put touch up paint on it.

Getting a photo behind the battery??? the air cleaner covers that area from what I remember but I saw it with the airbox out (was cleaning out leaves and things) and everything was expected (painted factory KLO silver)

And what do you mean 'ground' photo showing no rust?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts