- 99 top hats with fat cat bushings (ordered and on the way)
- fire extinguisher properly mounted
- AMB transponder (kept this off my first spec miata to transfer)
- adjustable sway bar end links
- emergency cut off (still needs to be properly wired in)
- battery (old one deader than dead)
- race seat (already purchased cobra suzuka seat)
- race harness (already purchased 6 point camlock FIA 5 year belt waiting to show up)
- window net
- right side net (plan to order that today)
- aluminum race radiator (we had a spare from our 95 that is at the shop getting some welding repair work done)
- hawk blue race brake pads and new rotors
- toyo RR 205 50 15 race tires for NASA SM legality (just paid for a used set of 4 actually)
- tow hooks
- permanent hardtop attachment brackets (already have this)
- gauges (oil pressure and water temp) --- ordered and on the way
- test pipe to replace the cat
- spec miata legal aftermarket air intake (not required but nice to have will probably wait or not get done)
Oh wow! I can't believe we haven't been able to do anything with this build since November ....between cold weather, trips to see family during holidays, getting sick, our furnace breaking and basement getting water, and some internet access issues, its just been a mess in our household.
Anyway, I thought it time to provide an update finally since my hubby started working on it again this weekend.
1st the bad news that we couldn't make use of the wonderful COBRA Suzuka seat we bought ...sad to say we just couldn't make it work without extensive modifications to the floorpan and tunnel to get it low enough to fit my husband... so we threw in the towel accepting it would have to be another aluminum seat like we had in the 1st 2 spec miata's we had owned in the past.
This time, however, instead of another Ultrashield, we went with Kirkey. Kirkey Intermediate 47 series to be exact.... and moments ago determined it can and will work for my 6'2" tall hubby!!!
...now for the fabrication of brackets to get it mounted... 1 side done but the hubby has to get some more raw materials (3/4" iron piece) to make the 'mount rail' for the other side.
Here is the seat we will be using for those curious:
Realizing I haven't done any updates in a while... kinda 3 steps forward for 2 steps back (working on right side net install, seat back brace, fire extinguisher install, wiring in cool suit and gauges)
Meanwhile, SM Tow hooks showed up along with my very nice Made in USA Safecraft belts! (yummy)