Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchsed Clear side markers for my car from Infinitiparts.net. When I went to the site to purchase them I was under the impression that these where just a simple take out the old and install the new. This is what the description read: "Upgrade your 1999 and Up G20 with a clear side light. Kit comes complete installs easily. Includes lamp assemblies (2) for both sides.". Needless to say the wire harnesses where different. That doesn't exactly constitute "installs easily" now does it? I made numerous attempts to contact them by phone and by email. Both attempts proved unsucessful. After getting no response from the four emials that I sent I decided to figure out the install on my own. With the help of Yahnozha's "How to" article I completed the job. I basically wrote this article to inform you guys as to how this company has conducted business with me. Hopefully nobody else will have a bad experince with them in the future. I am thinking about trying Infinitipartsusa.com for future purchases.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
I think you're getting a little worked up over nothing. I would be more concerned with the fact that they didn't return your phone calls or emails than i would be about the "not-easy" install.

I think that "easy install" is a relative term. From what i understand, this is basically splicing a few wires and griding off a little plastic. No big deal. It's not rocket science and is certainly much, much easier than an "easy install" suspension swap (which isn't hard, BTW), or installation of an exhaust header.

If you really had that much trouble just installing clear side markers, maybe you should have people do the rest of your mods for you. My $0.02.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
You should use www.infinitipartsusa.com anyways. I just had a call from a guy I sold a pair to last week and I e-mailed him the instructions I have on file. Funny thing about dealerships opening storefronts is that they think that it is no maintenace & it takes care of itself, just the opposite is true. I know I am plugging my own site and this may seem like a cheap attempt to win business but if you need any other info on anything, whether you bought it from us or not, give us a call or shoot an e-mail and we'll take care of you. If it wasn't for people like you I would probably hate my job. BTW we will be including a DIY page on the site very soon.
-Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cue-Ball said:
I think you're getting a little worked up over nothing. I would be more concerned with the fact that they didn't return your phone calls or emails than i would be about the "not-easy" install.

I think that "easy install" is a relative term. From what i understand, this is basically splicing a few wires and griding off a little plastic. No big deal. It's not rocket science and is certainly much, much easier than an "easy install" suspension swap (which isn't hard, BTW), or installation of an exhaust header.

If you really had that much trouble just installing clear side markers, maybe you should have people do the rest of your mods for you. My $0.02.

I don't think that I wrote this thread to express their lack of proper wording. I thought that I was doing people a favor by showing how this company reacted to an unhappy customer and thus not having other people going through the same thing I went through trying to contact them. Excuse me for not doing a suspension swap. I don't remember writing anything about the difficulty of the install, just the companies lack of response and respect for the customer. My $0.02.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jtesensky said:
You should use www.infinitipartsusa.com anyways. I just had a call from a guy I sold a pair to last week and I e-mailed him the instructions I have on file. Funny thing about dealerships opening storefronts is that they think that it is no maintenace & it takes care of itself, just the opposite is true. I know I am plugging my own site and this may seem like a cheap attempt to win business but if you need any other info on anything, whether you bought it from us or not, give us a call or shoot an e-mail and we'll take care of you. If it wasn't for people like you I would probably hate my job. BTW we will be including a DIY page on the site very soon.
-Joe
Thanks, I really appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
jtesensky said:
You should use www.infinitipartsusa.com anyways. I just had a call from a guy I sold a pair to last week and I e-mailed him the instructions I have on file. Funny thing about dealerships opening storefronts is that they think that it is no maintenace & it takes care of itself, just the opposite is true. I know I am plugging my own site and this may seem like a cheap attempt to win business but if you need any other info on anything, whether you bought it from us or not, give us a call or shoot an e-mail and we'll take care of you. If it wasn't for people like you I would probably hate my job. BTW we will be including a DIY page on the site very soon.
-Joe
Hey, if you are still here, I ordered a center console and it's been on backorder for forever and they said they could change the status to "urgent" or something if I gave them the VIN # of my car.
The people I talk to always say they will call me back but never do. Please, please, please I need to get these parts very very soon. I am trying to sell my car and everything seems to be taking forever.

Thanks..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
jtesensky said:
You should use www.infinitipartsusa.com anyways. I just had a call from a guy I sold a pair to last week and I e-mailed him the instructions I have on file. Funny thing about dealerships opening storefronts is that they think that it is no maintenace & it takes care of itself, just the opposite is true. I know I am plugging my own site and this may seem like a cheap attempt to win business but if you need any other info on anything, whether you bought it from us or not, give us a call or shoot an e-mail and we'll take care of you. If it wasn't for people like you I would probably hate my job. BTW we will be including a DIY page on the site very soon.
-Joe
Hey Joe, is good to have you here as part of the g20.net family. I see you own one too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
J20456 said:

I don't think that I wrote this thread to express their lack of proper wording. I thought that I was doing people a favor by showing how this company reacted to an unhappy customer and thus not having other people going through the same thing I went through trying to contact them. Excuse me for not doing a suspension swap. I don't remember writing anything about the difficulty of the install, just the companies lack of response and respect for the customer. My $0.02.
Excuse me? You specifically said, and i quote:

"When I went to the site to purchase them I was under the impression that these where just a simple take out the old and install the new..." and "Needless to say the wire harnesses where different. That doesn't exactly constitute "installs easily" now does it?"

That definitely sounds like a complaint on the difficulty of the install to me! You even mentioned that you needed Yahnozha's "how-to" to finish the job.

Look, i'm not trying to piss you off. I'm just saying that "easy install" doesn't necessarily mean plug-and-go. I'm glad that you wrote and told us all about your bad experience with this company. I was simply commenting on the fact that your original post seemed to be as much a complaint about how difficult the install was as it was about the poor service you received.

I totally agree that the company should have responded to your emails and phone calls. I'm just trying to put the installation of clear repeaters in perspective with other "easy" mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
The people I talk to always say they will call me back but never do. Please, please, please I need to get these parts very very soon. I am trying to sell my car and everything seems to be taking forever.

Troy-
Call me on Monday 1-888-216-5328. I'll get everything taken care for you. Please try and remember who you originally spoke to.
-Joe
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top