Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the link to what I was trying to do for those of you who dont know.....

http://g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2780&highlight=sentra

I finally went into a couple of body shops with the G front and sideskirt.

First shop didnt even want to lookat it. He said he wouldnt want to deal with it cuz its a stock bumper. He didnt think it could work.

Second shop -basically said the same. But explained that he would do it with no guarantee. He said their isnt a product out yet that is strong enough to hold plastic or urethane once its been cut and remolded. He said they could cut and put it back together but it may not hold in the long run.

Third shop-same thing again. If it was an after market bumper that was fiberglass then it would be no problem to cut but not stock plastic..:-\

So IM stuck with a complete G20 body and a Wings West lip--NOW WHAT!?!?!?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats wut I think IM gonna have to do....Sell it all off. JUst give me sum time to work things out...

How serious are you????

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
How much different are the sizes. is it way bigger or smaller. how com you can put on on a p10 but not a sentra.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
domiken has a fiberglass back bumper molded to his factory rear bumper. isn't that along the same lines.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look what Domiken did is totally different from wut I have to do. THe G20 bumper is wider thatn the Sentra-so it has to be cut down the middle and then remolded to fit.

Becuz the G20 parts are stock and made of plastic (urethane) and not fiberglass--- the shops say it wont last in the long run. I got the same thing from three different shops.

Apparently there isnt a product out yet that they feel is strong enuff to hold a remolded stock part...thats why when U get into an accident parts are always replaced..

Aight now one shop said they would do it. It was Mad Mods here in MIAMI. BUt it was going to be about $300 for the molding of each bumper. And he told me that he cant guarantee how long it would hold...

The project is just not worth the risk :depressed

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mattb said:
The other problem with a G20/Sentra swap is that the G20 is NOT a Sentra at heart. Different wheelbase, different frame, etc.
Well...yeah I knew it was a diff. car but I would have still done the swap with the bumpers if It was possible to do with plastic parts...

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
How much for the front bumper and side skirts? Im interested..

BTW Ive purchased the rear bumper from Casual and we are running into problems shipping the thing, just so you know...

Im in New Mexico as well...

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I meant to ask Casual about that...Wuts the problem exactly cuz I need to get rid of these things..Their taking up way to much space...My girls gonna kill me soon...

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
The problemis the size of the box. The one Casual got is too big for UPS to take. Youll need to *make* a box that fits the bumper exactly, so that its the smallest it can possibly be.

You can go to www.ups.com to find out more info on that one.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm interested in the sideskirts, if they are available. My courier have an office in Miami (33166) so it may be "easy" to deliver.
I posted a reply on the other thread you started, and email you too.

Let me know.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
mau how about i come back down there and give you the back bumper for yahnoza maybe u could make a smaller box i take that other stuff and we figure out our deal
casual

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
casual said:
mau how about i come back down there and give you the back bumper for yahnoza maybe u could make a smaller box i take that other stuff and we figure out our deal
casual
uhhh Im confused--not sure wut U mean......EXPLAIN

·
Registered
1 Posts
swapping bumpers

i read that a p11 bumper can fit to a p10 g20. mine is a 93, is that a p10? if so, did i read correctly that i can fit a 99-02 bumper on my car? that would be awesome cuz i have only found 2 kits to date, one of which costs 2 grand.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
mine is a 93, is that a p10?
yes in the u.s. the 99 and above are considered the hp11 chassis
did i read correctly that i can fit a 99-02 bumper on my car?
yes with minor cutting from a shop go back to that thread that i posted the info on the p10 being able to swap to it then click on that last link and it will have an example of the guy who did it to his p10 and there is a link next to it to show u his email address
if u get confused or cant find something just hit me up
casual

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
MP, like i had told you before, some guy around here with a blue 200sx already did the front conversion on his car and it looks DOPE!! He lives in Weston, next time i see him at the hangouts ill have my digi cam handy or ill call you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts