Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '91 G20. Love this car, but my battery discharges overnight. I've searched the forums but can't find an answer to this problem.

This began happening a few months ago. Something weird was going on with the door locks -- I'd open them and they'd immediately lock again, or at least try to. That "trying to" part was I think responsible for discharging the battery. But just when I found time to work on the problem it went away by itself.

Now the battery is back discharging whenever I leave it for a few hours or more but I don't notice any malfunction in the door locks. Anyone got any ideas what might cause this? No doors ajar, dome light switched to always off.

And while I'm asking, where the heck is the fuse for the power door locks? I can find everything else but not this.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
i would do some basic elec sluthing.

test the batter line & see if there is anyload on the battery when it is off...there shoulld only be a very small amount for the radio & other little things,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm not a rank newbie but close. How do I test the load on the battery? I've got a multi-meter but not exactly sure how to check for load. Is it as simple as checking voltage across the battery terminals?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all of you -- the problem is solved. I followed your good advice: learned how to do the parasitic draw/battery load test with the ignition off and discovered that it was insignificant.

So I figured it had to be the battery. Replaced it with one known to be good, and the problem went away. Now if the automatic door locking gremlin does not re-appear, I'll be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.