Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k.

So yesterday I parked on a steep incline (not something I normally do in my G20) and this morning I noticed that my brake light and battery light never turned off (two lights next to each other in the lower right of the dash)... My mechanic says that it is probably that the alternator is starting to go but the odd thing is that I don't notice any sort of hesitation on starting or moving. Anyone else have this happen and know what it is? The car sounds fine, and works fine.. the emergency brake is fully disengaged (I used it on the steep incline but triple checked to make sure it was all the way down when the light was on) -- I even tried to stop an start the car 4 times at various points after driving various distances and the lights stay on...

Anyone? Is it my alternator going or what? BTW: My battery is basically new (a 1 year old Die Hard with a 5 year warranty).

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also...

I was told to STOP driving immediately because i could end up with a fire.... I did park it and leave it but that sure does seem a bit dramatic considering nothing was overheating and I didn't see or smell anything funny in the engine bay.. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: also...

Chris said:
this morning I noticed that my brake light and battery light never turned off (two lights next to each other in the lower right of the dash)... My mechanic says that it is probably that the alternator is starting to go
<snip>
Anyone? Is it my alternator going or what?
Yepper

Chris said:
I was told to STOP driving immediately because i could end up with a fire.... I did park it and leave it but that sure does seem a bit dramatic considering nothing was overheating and I didn't see or smell anything funny in the engine bay.. what do you guys think?
I doubt it would catch fire. You battery will drain however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts