·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bump for Napakapa.

I bought two of these Bazookas from him (one for me and one for a friend). Both of them arrived within a few days of ordering and they were in perfect condition. Brand new, in box with all instructions and accessories. This is a great deal on this item (retails for ~$300 or so). It's easy to wire and is perfect for those who want to add bass to the stock system without having to build a box or buy an amp. In fact, i would say that this sub is almost overkill. I've only got the gain turned up about 1/3 of the way and it sounds really good.

Highly recommended for those who want some boom on a budget.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Will this work with the stock P10 system A?

Please read the bible going on the in the Audio/ Section for my dilema at this point. Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes, this will work with the stock system. It has it's own built-in 100 watt amplifier so you don't have to rely on the stock amp. I'm currently running the stock '99 Bose stereo with this 10" Bazooka added on.

This would definitely add some bass to your stock setup, but i think it's going to really overpower your system since you'll be running 4 Ohm speakers (only ~12watts per speaker). Until you get your system fixed and putting out decent sound, this bazooka will be overkill.

Since you said you only have $200 to spend on your stereo, i'd recommend you replace your blown speakers first, then worry about getting more bass. No sense in having a lot of boom if you can't even make out the rest of the music.

You might be better off buying a non-amplified Bazooka (or other dual voice-coil sub) and powering it off the stock amp. It won't have nearly as much wattage, but it'll be cheaper and will have less of a chance of overpowering your current system. Then you can buy a bigger amp later if you want more volume.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts