Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read the posts over and over and cant get clear info. i have a 99 g20t and want to swap in a u12/u13 bb. and no i do not want to turbo my motor. i know what to do for everything except wiring\ecu\harness\repin\etc. what do i need to do. no one has clearly stated whether to use my factory ecu and get it programmed or to get a 95-97 ser ecu and get it programmed and repin\harness etc. please help everyone, it would be greatly appreciated if some one could clearly explain what has to be done. thanks eveyone.

·
Low is a Lifestyle
3,190 Posts
Since your car is a newer p11 and is obd2 you are going to need the ecu for the right motor.....Certain sensors from the wiring the harness might have to be swapped depending on motor and etc....have anymore details on year , motor ????

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, lets say that i get a u13 bb. and i just want to swap in the motor and of course the usual stuff like fmic, bov, mechanical boost cntrl. thats about it. want to keep everything stock on the bb. just custom exhaust to fit bb manifold ex downpipe. what ecu and sensors\harnes parts will i need. thanks for helping though it is appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o ya, not looking for any crazy hp figures just stock bb output which i think is 205 and maybe up the boost to 11psi at the most. also i think that if i do need a jwt tune they will set it at what i specify and i have to pretty much keep it there unless i get another tune, not 100% sure though. just want to give the g the power it should of had when they manufactured it ha ha.

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
The JWT OBDII ECU program (95-97 200SX SE-R, 94-96 G20) will be perfect for what youre doing. They have maps for the higher compression BB DET motor. The other option for you would be to use the DET ECU (if you got it), but the wiring will be much more complicated. Last, if you really want to mess with it, you could try the SAFC or Emanage.

- Greg -

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, do i need the harness if i use those ecus or does my ecu connector fit in to them just need to repin. does anyone else have any suggestions for this set up.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
The JDM ecu's are OBDI, you are OBDII. The engine harness are diferent and will not plug into the main harness on your car. Get an OBDI to OBDII adapter, or just wire in a OBDI ECU plug to yours and chop off the ECU Plug for the stock OBDII Ecu.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i cant use a 95-97 ser ecu, repin my plug and get a jwt reprogram for a bb sr20det. very confused. phatg20 your method seems dificult. lots of wiring. do i really have to use a jdm ecu, i know it cuts the cost of getting a jwt tune on ser ecu but seems like lots of other thing u have to do. now i dont know what to do?????????. please help again guys. would prefer to just get a jwt tune and use all the sensors etc and put on bb sr or use bb sr sensors etc.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
as fare as i know jwt can program your ecm. but their are only slight advantages to useing the p10 ecm. i would say this swap is farely easy and you will get a egr code do ing this but if you dont mind then dont worry. You just use the parts needed for the ecm you will use and its easy as cake. like mr fancy says get a program for you maf you are useing and engine copresion and turbo with the injector size and jwt will get you the program you need.
just buy what ever intercooler you want nd get some mandruls for fabing up you inter cooler kit and such and you should be good

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so what u are saying is use my ecu or use the ser ecu????. not sure because jwt doesnt seem to have tune for my p11 ecu posted on his website but he does for the 94-96 p10. aswell what happens when you use the ecu from ser\p10 obdII and use a obdI engine(u12\u13). new to this game so please explain. thanks for all the help so far guys.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
the 99 ecu isn't programmable (i believe) and that's why you would use a 94-96 ecu.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sweet, thats what i thought. cool, so im almost there with all my info. ecu from 95-97 200sx ser are identical 2 94-96 p10 too, right. the only thing is what is neede or happens when u use a u12\u13 motor which are obdI and my ser ecu which is obdII. difference changes modification fabrication etc. this is pretty much all i need to know now as i have all the wiring diagrams\ecu pinouts for my engine\ecu and the ser\94-96 p10. so once i get info on the obdI obdII scenario im set.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can someone explain what the scenario for obdII ecu with a bb sr20det that was designed and uses a obdI ecu. what the differences and what is needed to make it work. thanks guys

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
well a lot of parts are compatable check the pin outs and things carfully between you car and ecu you decide with. if you find ny thing diferent that you woder about bring it to my atention nd i will look into posible part change for you. find you diffentces and i will run through scimatics

1 - 16 of 16 Posts