Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent $400 buying from him two brake master cylinders and two sets of pads.

It would be a long story, so simply look at the dates in the attached images.

[ironic mode]Charles always keeps his word, do business with him w/o worries... specially if you're in a hurry like I was [/ironic]

And my last two sent pms, unanswered, as usual...

Seven months lying :) He still hasn't got the other MC, so finally decided sending me just one (being lucky, I won't notice the difference).

What can I do? :baffled:

I'm sure his headers are great, but be careful with your money...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmm, maybe.

I've just copied his style with the "To Big Hat" thread. This way I'm sure he will read it.

Anyway, mods, feel free to move it.

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
that sucks I've been down that road before

however, plenty of people know him personally, and he's already proven to be a stand up guy.
dont know what happened here though
best of luck getting it resolved

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Kevin.

I think I've been the more patient guy in the whole Universe (well, perhaps C-3PO...).

I just want an answer. He could have avoided all this simply telling me "I've spent your money in some stuff. When I sell some headers, I'll send you what I owe", but he has just ignored all my pm's and continue posting...

Hope this warning works...

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
It looks like Charles has been giving you the truth. He has said he's extremely sorry about the delays, has shipped a box or two at his own expense, and has been upfront with you about his situation. It looks like the other master cylinder fell off his radar, which is not ideal, but not completely inexcusable as long as he ends up shipping it.

There's also a key difference between Charles and some of the "scammer" sellers on here. The "scammers" have taken people's money and fallen off the face of the earth. Charles is sticking around, and maybe he's been a bit flaky and you've had to prod him for answers, but he has provided the answers and has kept you in the loop on his situation and the situation of your parts.

Is this an ideal transaction? Obviously not. But if I were you, I'd continue to cut him some slack, because it honestly looks like he's not out to screw you.

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
Well put.
You know, of course I'm not even involved in this situation, but what I'm seeing is rubbing me the wrong way Ivan. I'll also advise to relax a bit. I'm SURE he will make it good. If you were looking for parts that are on every street corner, I'm also sure this would be a different story right now.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wouldn't it have made more sense to ask for a refund after the first 4 or 6 weeks? I don't imagine he would have had too much of a problem with that...

Regardless, as unfortunate as it is, international sales are always a pain, doesn't matter who the seller is.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well put.
You know, of course I'm not even involved in this situation, but what I'm seeing is rubbing me the wrong way Ivan. I'll also advise to relax a bit. I'm SURE he will make it good. If you were looking for parts that are on every street corner, I'm also sure this would be a different story right now.
Loren, be sure I'm relaxed :)

It's just my patience is running out. He ignored all my messages and emails for months, and then, one day in Frebuary simply said "Sorry for the delay. I've sent your package", being true just in a 50%.

He never offered a refund, and I continued trusting him. Now I ask for an explanation and he ignores me and continue posting in his fav threads and selling his stuff... not the best solution I think, tho maybe I'm wrong and he's acting correctly.

Thanks everyone, and Krist, excuse me for putting this in the wrong forum.

·
Registered
691 Posts
thank you for the warning and sharing your experience.
^+1 to that definitly

and in all honesty you should just get a refund and just forget it; try and find another way of getting your mc's.

·
Registered
13,187 Posts
Not that 7 months or wrong product shipment should be considered acceptable but just some information on overseas shipping: After what I went through as a seller, it can take a month or even 2 for stuff to get from USA to Europe (as I found out the hard way when shipping a set of USDM p11 tail lights).. I had shipped them on Jan 29th and they did not reach the buyer until March 4th and it was totally out of my control (and very frustrating for me as a seller to have something take so darn long) US Postal Service said 5 to 10 business days for Priority Mail but it took over a month!!! ..and I think it would have taken longer if I didn't initiate a claim on non-delivery after 30 days!

Because of all the problems I have had lately with how long it takes for stuff to go from USA to elsewhere in the world (even Canada took 3 weeks), I have chosen not to sell outside the USA now because I like my reputation as a seller.

·
Registered
196 Posts
That is unnacepptable in my opinion. But he is a trusted man around here and there has to be a reason for so many delays even though he sells tons of other items...

1 - 20 of 95 Posts