Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2132hrs, at the intersection of Paseo Ranchero and H Street in Chula Vista, California....

Frederick Plan, aka the FF Drifter bolts around the corner onto Paseo Ranchero, feelin' the cool breeze through his windows because his A/C doesn't work *although he's in the process of repairing it [thanks cavern] * Ahead of him, lay two green lights to go straight, and a green left arrow guding an ST185 Toyota Celica making the same hard left turn onto H Street that he soon would be making too...

Arnel Mxxxxxxx, a well-to-do filipino business man of some sort because he careens over Paseo Ranchero in a 1994 Mercedes-Benz 190E, closely followed by his wife in her 2001 Mercedes SUV. He's probably doing at least 50mph or so as he heads into the intersection...

Fred takes the turn smoothly. He's taken this turn a million times on the way home from his girl's house. He slows in, taking a perfectly smooth line through the left turn as he always does, feeling the smoothness of the P10 when suddenly, a glaring light fills the cabin of his car....a squeal of overeager brakes...the impact of an overly heavy german car... the smashing of the glass windows... and the disgusting crunch of a little japanese car being shoved roughly onto H Street's center island ... but none of it matters as the only thing filling the FF Drifter's mind is the shattering of a dream; the loss of a P10 that could've one day taken the streets by storm.

As the tow trucks prepare to drag the P10 away, the FF Drifter quickly salvages what he can off his car... reciepts, mats, mirrors, some brand new PIAAs...ironically, an SR20Development CAI was to be installed tomorrow as well.

I'll see what to do about my car... maybe it'll be stripped down for parts, or my insurance will do what they will of it... perhaps I'll get mad crazy money off the Mercedes-lovers and I'll be able to buy another P10... but more likely, I'll have to pay my ridiculous deductible and I'll have to depend on my girl to let me use her car..... *sigh* life is hard....

I guess that CAI is on hold for a while (it's already fabricated though... I might end up selling it: powdercoated 3-inch mandrel bent with JWT POP, built to easily accomadate a future turbo) and the PIAAs will be going into my friend's EJC Honda Civic for a while. Maybe when I recover, I'll find another P10... maybe I'll find an AE86... maybe I'll even be able to get an old used I30 or something.... either way.... this P10's story is finally... over. :*(

·
Registered
424 Posts
FF Drifter, sorry to hear about that. I know the exact feeling you're going through. I've been there and it's aweful! Look on the bright side, car can be replaced, people CAN'T!!! I hope you are okay. Peace!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
FF Drifter said:
I'll see what to do about my car... maybe it'll be stripped down for parts, or my insurance will do what they will of it... perhaps I'll get mad crazy money off the Mercedes-lovers and I'll be able to buy another P10... but more likely, I'll have to pay my ridiculous deductible and I'll have to depend on my girl to let me use her car..... *sigh* life is hard....
Dude, I feel your pain. And you're right, life is hard. It's always something. Good luck with the insurance.

FF Drifter said:
Maybe when I recover, I'll find another P10... maybe I'll find an AE86...
Dude, the AE86 totally rocks! I came >< close to having an old girlfriend buy a GTS when they were brand new. She ended up with an SR5 instead. When I got out of college they were still selling them new and I wanted one, but it took too long to get a job and then it wasn't a very good one, so I never got one. :(

BTW, it's nice to see someone not rant all over the place and call the other driver all the foul words they can think of. It certainly wasn't intentional. I tip my hat to you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey, on the bright side, you might be able to do a whole kind of phoenix project, a new G20 could rise from the ashes (ok, insurance cheque) of the old one and become a legend.

Anything's possible, you've got a blank slate now.

Sorry for your loss. I know how it feels.
Rich.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Re: Re: Beloved P10... TOTALLED....

Geo said:

BTW, it's nice to see someone not rant all over the place and call the other driver all the foul words they can think of. It certainly wasn't intentional. I tip my hat to you.

Man, you should've bashed her skull! Keep those bats in the trunk at ALL times, you never know when some mofo will hit you. I'd be out there like yo, what chew dewin biatch! Want sum of diss eh? WANT SUM OF DISS! *bish bash*

The good thing is, like G-Loads said, you're in good condition. A dream will be reborn from this accident, I can smell it!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Beloved P10... TOTALLED....

atomic-G said:
Man, you should've bashed her skull! Keep those bats in the trunk at ALL times, you never know when some mofo will hit you. I'd be out there like yo, what chew dewin biatch! Want sum of diss eh? WANT SUM OF DISS! *bish bash*
A baseball bat???? Pussy.

That's what an UZI is for. :D

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Bottom line:at least your alive and well FF Drifter. The G20 story isn't over-that is, unless you choose not to buy another G.:)

Out of curiousity:was it the 190 or the SUV that hit you?:surprised

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Man that's a raw deal! :( Good thing you're OK though.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Damn that sucks man. At least you aren't injured. Well, I'll let you know when I'm the area next so we can go to the races in my G if you like. I'll kick some butts for lost one. :p ;) :):smoke:

Do you have any damage pics?

·
Registered
117 Posts
think of this destruction as creation (donnie darko anyone?) you will probably find another car that you are equally happy with. look for an SE-R or AE86

an mr2 turbo with 45k just went in the paper for 4,500 :(

be patient, and focus on something that you REALLY want.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Thats sucks bro sorry to hear that get a p11 now!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro. I'm from San Diego and I know that intersection on H-street well. There have been quite a few deadly accidents on that street lately..people swear its a freeway or something. Speaking about the freeway, I remember cruising by you on the freeway about a year ago on 805N right before university exit. You had a full load of people and you waved and I gave you a thumbs up about your ride...which is something that is unique to p10 owners. Good luck finding a nice p10 or hachi roku.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, looks like the curse is on again as I crashed my primera yesterday too.
But the damages were not that much(will have to change the hood, front bumper, and left fender), anyway insurance will cover. For me, will be time to do upgrades on the look. Maybe a WW front lip, or stillen. Definetely side skirts.

Stick with G man! get another one!!!!!
:D

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
cad455 said:
be patient, and focus on something that you REALLY want.
And how do you know a P10 wasn't what he really wants? That could be kind of rude. I really wanted a P10.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Geo said:

And how do you know a P10 wasn't what he really wants? That could be kind of rude. I really wanted a P10.
i like my p10 and i chose it, but if my name had "drifter" in it, a P10 would NOT be my first choice. that's just a guess. all those "drifters" have AE86s and S13s.

by the way, was that really a ST185 turning ahead of you? those are rare. ST185 is an all-trac, ST182 are the other models GT, etc.

·
Registered
222 Posts
suckage

curse struck again, i hate the sound of japanese metal crinkleing

crashes happen , fact of life i guess. there still lots of nissan P cars out there and tons of AE86 take your time finding stuff dont rush buying a car a better one always comes along . find a freind with a dealer liscense and go car auction hunting . thats what i used to do found all kinda cool stuff there ,twin cam pulsars 240sx's and AE86s for 100 bucks stuff like that hell you could score a 91 G and a ae86 if you play your cards right . ususaly most cars at the auctions can be perfect cars for a few hundered dollars , there almost never perfect when you buy them at the auctions tho so be careful. heck i almost got a 93 SER for 1000 bucks 2 months ago all it needed was a engine so snoop around the classifieds under parts cars might find one with a good title .

wonder how those drug seizures work ?

Just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 37 Posts