Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my belts is making a horrible noise. It comes on when i start up my car an usually dosen't stop until my cars warmed up. It happens in 1st, 2nd, an 3rd gears, it almost never makes the noise into 4th or 5th. Also, say im pulling out of my driveway, im in 1st, the noise is on, if i hammer it past 4000 rpms the noise usually goes off an dosen't come on when i shift to 2nd. It usally goes away anytime i go past 4000rpms in any gear. Does anyone know which belt it is that's squeaking? or how to fix this?

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
yeah you need to replace your belt, it is glazed and the niose you hear is from the belt slipping on the pullys. not too hard to change and you can get the belts for like $20

·
Registered
218 Posts
Definitely change your belts! Revving a cold engine to 4KRPM is not the best fix for a squeaky belt. New belts are cheap and you can probably do the work yourself. Get it taken care of before they break.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Check your belts for deterioration. It could be that it need a replacement from wear and tear. It could be loose? Tighten it! that's what happend to mine. My mechanic friend forgot to tighten it good after replacing the crank pulley.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My car was doing the exact same thing, and it ended up being the crank pulley itself that was squeeling. The pulley has a built in harmonic damper, and it delaminated. It gave me an excuse to put in UR pullies though, so it's all good.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yup! that's what I did when the crank engine oil seal broke..., I changed the belts too and replace some of my pulley's with UR Ultra S ;) and like you said, it's all good :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
actually the Harmonic Damper is all cracked and the rubber had dried up.. dealer says it should be replaced. The belts have already been replaced (3 times) and adjusted (countless times) also lubricated (many times) so I hope replacing the Harmonic Damper is going to fix that squeaking sound (which is getting worse and worse even with new belts and adjustments)..

funny thing is it only happen after a lot of humidity o.0

1 - 11 of 11 Posts