Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just wanted to get an opinion as to what you all thought would be the best car alarm for my car (lojack?). Also who is a good person to do the job in sofla?

Thanks,
trk.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
theRENEGADEkemist said:
Hey all,
I just wanted to get an opinion as to what you all thought would be the best car alarm for my car (lojack?). Also who is a good person to do the job in sofla?

Thanks,
trk.

Hey whats up bro?! Another Miami G20 person! cool.. I also want to get an alarm just not sure what to get! :confused: What do you have done to your G?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing really because i'm not that crazy to try anything without proper security!!

:bandit:

I am definetly considering low-jack but i have no idea who in this area does good work i mean i'm my own mechanic and i don't trust no one else to touch my car you know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well I have a 2000 G20t and I installed the Viper 550ESP, the alarm and remote starter, the thing works great, And whats nice about DEI peices is you can all lot of shit to it, i did window roll ups and down to all 4 windows and I did the same to the sun roof, so if you leave the windows open when you arm the alarm everything shuts, also need is a channel expander for all these options, and trust me when i tell you Viper is the best on the market...expect to pay about $400 installed for this peice

·
Registered
664 Posts
Alarms are ALL garbage (my personal opinion). They all work the same way - that's the problem. If a car thief wants your car they are going to get it somehow! Think about it -> all they really have to do is jump a few ignition wires and they're on their way. All a security system does (commonly) is to disable the starter wire with a relay. This makes it even easier for the thief! just go to the relay and theres the starter wire all nicely crimped...what a bunch a bull. I think an alarm is just a theft deterent system with convenience features....there's no guarentee with one.

LoJack is definitely the key. I don't think it can be beat. However I think it's real pricey. You should definitely look around though.

[side note: I installed a crimestopper MX system (w/ remote start)...has the works: car won't start if the alarm brain's unplugged, all 4 window up and down, sunroof open and close, remote start, convenent idle...it's a nice unit for $90!]

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is impossable to steal a car if it has a starter kill relay installed, but not in the streering column beacuase that is the first place they look. Trust me when I tell you, you can not steal a car with one... I install them all day long..

·
Registered
664 Posts
oh were about to fight my friend...I'm an electrical engineer and specialize in 12V installations. :pirate:

haha. All a relay is is: "A remote controlled magnetically operated SWITCH!" Trace the ignition wires and you are GUARANTEED to find the relay. Jump terminals 30, 87a, and 87 (the switch) and you're good to go. Most alarms (most DEI [vipers]) are even worse where all you have to do is unplug the brain and you don't even have to bother looking for the relay.

You could have the best alarm money can buy - it all depends on the installer. If the installer is willing to take his time and do things the HARD way (which 99% of them don't) then he WILL put the relay in a hidden area along with the brain. However the way I look at it is: "no one will work on your car better than yourself." All installers work with one thing in mind: "I've gotta get this car done and out of here." It's a shame but that's how it is ...I work in the install business and that's the mentality that they push forth.

BTW -> are you a professional in the mobile install business? And where is this ghostly starter kill location that you speak of?

·
Registered
59 Posts
well I guess your sooo much cooler than me, and any install who has that mentality shouldn't show up for work, why do a half ass job if you can do it right the first time..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts