Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... so i'm wondering what's the best exhaust setup that I should get (when I save up the $) from the headers to the muffler?

In a way I'm looking for the highest possible HP potential but...

- I still want it to be street legal

- Don't want that annoying ricey exhaust sound (something decent sounding)

- Nothing thats ridiculously priced

Hope I'm not asking for alot... i'm a newbie to exhaust systems

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got 5zigen 304border speed now ... and the sound is kind of good with intake but it's kind of loud then greddy evo exhaust lo..~~ it's all depend on u man..

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
With what your asking for I would recomend a Greddy Evo. Its 50 state street legal, very deep good sound (not ricey at all), and the price isnt too bad. Many people who have seen or have a Evo system will agree with me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is the EVO available for the P10? I know the MX system is available but is there a difference? I have heard alot of good things about the EVO but I can't seem to find it for my P10.

JP

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
The Greddy MX is the only Greddy exhaust system available for the P10. I think it's actually the only catback that is for sale here in the US. You can now get others imported, but i believe this is the only full catback available on a regular basis.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So has anyone heard or does anyone currently have the MX system on their P10? It looks like a pretty good exhaust and if it is the only cat then i guess thats what I'm gonna go with.

Justin... I see you have advanced your timing to 19 degrees. I thought 17 was the max, and beyond 17 there wasn't any gain? Please educate me.

JP

·
Registered
56 Posts
IMO the MX is one of the best sounding/looking Greddy's out there. Mine is 2 1/2 years old with just a couple of scratches, and no rust.

·
Registered
67 Posts
NinetyThreeG said:
So has anyone heard or does anyone currently have the MX system on their P10?

yup..here's a pic of it on my p10

and if you click the link in GTIRG20's sig there is a video with sound :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
if i were you id get a custom set up.. thats what im doin. they are cheaper and you can decide what kind of noise and pitch you want it to make

S

·
0 Posts
casey mathias,

( if i were you id get a custom set up.. )
what do you mean by that? a custom set-up?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think that JIC might make an exhaust for th G20s... check it out... pimpin

·
Registered
774 Posts
I hear the new Magnaflow muffler's are pretty nice, I cant speak on that from personal experience but judging from all the rave reviews its getting I would recommend building a custom Magnaflow catback. Magnaflow also makes mandrel pipes so you can get those as well and have a smooth flowing exhaust, it should cost no more then $400, thats the max, you might be able to get it cheaper then that depending on the muffler shop you take it to but it should be anywhere from $350 to 400 for the muffler, mandrel 90* pipes and the rest of the custom piping done by the muffler shop, also it wouldnt hurt to get a Magnaflow high flow cat along with a 18-24" resonator but those things are extra, you can do without them for a while.

·
Registered
533 Posts
you can bore out the inlet of the remus to 2.25, then do custom piping. It's $$$, but you save a little money because you don't need resonator with it

Best thing is that it's still sounds like stock and it doesnt have a shiny can. If the smog guy asks you, "its my stock exhaust with only a aftermarket tip"

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hot Shot header - 370
Hiflow Cat - about 100
2.5 inch mandrel bend piping-220 (installed, includes installation of muffler with flanges)
Universal exhaust - 60+ (be sure that has a 2.5 inch inlet)

These prices re all based upon what i can recieve them at.
total - 750
horsepower gains - Well you'll feel it alot.....oh yes, alot!!
you figure the header is about 8 hp, same with the piping and other components. im guessing about a good 12-15 but not too positive, someone correct me on this one. But I think thats the cheapest yet good power-gaining way to go for and all im missing is the header and catalitic.

·
Registered
774 Posts
The Remus is only a rear section and if you run custom 2.25" piping to the Remus your still gonna have to use a aftermarket resonator, the stock resonator is a POS, the diameter is only 1.75". If your worried about cops you can always sand down the muffler and paint it black which is what I plan to do.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just a thought

Why not call VRS www.vrsexhaust.com they don't have it listed on their site but I'm sure they would have the bends and toss you together a SS cat back.

·
Registered
533 Posts
JDMP10 said:
The Remus is only a rear section and if you run custom 2.25" piping to the Remus your still gonna have to use a aftermarket resonator, the stock resonator is a POS, the diameter is only 1.75". If your worried about cops you can always sand down the muffler and paint it black which is what I plan to do.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I don't mean using the stock resonator. I mean no resonator at all.

I don't have one now, and it's still quieter than the greddy evo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts