Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i hope this is the right section for posting this,

I'm searching the best intake for our nissan primera/infiniti g20, a friend told me the best is to put a cone filter directly to the maf sensor..
But searching on internet i also see that on the sr20de engine, they put the filter so far away from the maf sensor using longer inox tubes or something...

so my question is, whats the better compromise for get the best performance?? Thanks to all in advantage and sorry for my bad english!!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
You can do a cone filter on an adapter bolted to the MAF sensor for a warm air intake, or you can run a cold air intake system where the filter is located in the front fender well and the pipe runs from the throttle body to the filter. Personally, I think the factory filter is the best performance option unless you have a motor swap that doesn’t allow for the factory system. The factory filter and piping system collects air from the front of the car as it’s moving, so it’s really the “coldest” air you’re going to get. But stock is no fun so most people “upgrade” it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can do a cone filter on an adapter bolted to the MAF sensor for a warm air intake, or you can run a cold air intake system where the filter is located in the front fender well and the pipe runs from the throttle body to the filter. Personally, I think the factory filter is the best performance option unless you have a motor swap that doesn’t allow for the factory system. The factory filter and piping system collects air from the front of the car as it’s moving, so it’s really the “coldest” air you’re going to get. But stock is no fun so most people “upgrade” it.
thanks for the answer, do you think anyway a WAI or a CAI, can actually give some hp to the engine?

Because some friends here tell me that the WAI is the best choiche for the primera, because if you do a CAI, the car runs bad

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I would say the opposite is true. WAI is actually using hot engine compartment air, and will perform worse. People just like the whooshing sound because you can hear the air sucking into the intake that way. CAI is using air from the fender well, which is much cooler and can supposedly give you a 1-2 horsepower gain. Again, I think the stock system is better, but I did a CAI on my first P10 since I was learning and wanted to do something to my car. It requires you to cut a hole in your engine bay by the battery though to allow the piping to fit through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts