Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which engine mod do you think is best for $600 or less? Here are the things I am debating: Fidanza flywheel, JWT S3 cams, JWT ECU, NOS, 2 Pulley set. Obviously NOS will add the most, but I want all the time power. I already have a CAI, Bored MAF, CM Stage 3 clutch, Primera header, cat back exhaust, JDM 10:1 motor. Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Dshaft96 said:
I'd go for the cams.
I'd second that suggestion on the cams!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I didn't know if anyone had mentioned this to you earlier, but I would go with the cams.

:evil:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I'll have to recommend something different.....ahh, hell, get the damn cams already. ;)

BTW did what do you mean you bored out the MAF. Why exactly did you do that?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you bore out the MAF your car runs a little leaner because more air is entering the engine, but the sensor doesn't know that so it doesn't compensate for it and the engine in turn runs a little leaner which is a power increase. Not much, but every little bit counts and it isn't dangerous.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
One thing with the cams... If you get the s3's you could sell the intake cam out of your motor. Anyone with a 94-96 P10 that cam would make a nice difference. You could resonably get probably $50-100 for it, that'd offset the cost of the cams (or if you got the cams for 550, and got 100 for the intake cam, you'd have 150 of your $600 budget left for a UR 2 pulley set- most of the cost of a new set) =)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
1PhatG said:
When you bore out the MAF your car runs a little leaner because more air is entering the engine, but the sensor doesn't know that so it doesn't compensate for it and the engine in turn runs a little leaner which is a power increase. Not much, but every little bit counts and it isn't dangerous.
Yeah I know that I just wanted to make sure you understand what's happening. Have you verified this on a dyno? I'd be interested in seeing the results.

Not that I'd ever do or recommend something like this.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
G-Forces said:

Yeah I know that I just wanted to make sure you understand what's happening. Have you verified this on a dyno? I'd be interested in seeing the results.

Not that I'd ever do or recommend something like this.

This is an Andreas Miko trick. I wonder if the MAF was purchased or bored out by him?

For those that dont know, Andreas Miko is an SR20 guru down in Florida. He seems to make miracles happen and put down more HP than should be possible. He knows a lot of SR20 tricks and sells a lot of turbo parts, DET's and SR20VE's.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
b-b00gie said:

For those that dont know, Andreas Miko is an SR20 guru down in Florida. He seems to make miracles happen and put down more HP than should be possible. He knows a lot of SR20 tricks and sells a lot of turbo parts, DET's and SR20VE's.
And he's a real cool dude! ; -) I've met him in person, and took a look at the motor(s) supply he's got just laying around.

His claims are pretty impressive.. If you've got the $, he can built it!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
For $600 I would replace the Primera manifold with a current HS header and a 2 pulley set.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
I agree with Geo on this one.

The cams will give you some HP, but not as much as if you have a JWT ECU. Getting the HS headers and some pullies will probably give you ~15whp.

You can also sell your Primera header to put money towards your next mod.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Dont forget, unless you can install the cams your self, add on the cost of labor to get the cams installed. With the header you can do that yourself. On the pullyes...well, I had mine installed, and it didnt cost all that much, but Cam install prices are a bit high in my opinion, so I am getting geared up to do that once I get my valve cover gasket in...

On that MAF, how much was it bored??

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Yahnozha said:
but Cam install prices are a bit high in my opinion, so I am getting geared up to do that once I get my valve cover gasket in...
Ahh hell yeah! Stupid stealership wanted to charge me 5 hours labour. Any other place I'd trust to do it properly wanted almost as much as I paid for the damn cams. :-\ This is before I grew the balls to do it myself. ;)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts