Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just picked up a new G20 and i want some subs but i want to save some space in my trunk. is there a good way to do this?

·
Registered
251 Posts
primera04 said:
Hey i just picked up a new G20 and i want some subs but i want to save some space in my trunk. is there a good way to do this?
There are some amplified subwoofer that it pretty compact. There is the Infinity basslink, which is less than 1 cu feet , our truck is like 13cu ft in comparison. There is the bazooka El series and RS series basstube, and there are amplified version of that. I just talk about the amplified one because they are really a easy set up and can go with the stock system. I have the Bazooka EL series for sale in the classfied section, go check it out.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Kicker subs use very compact air space. You could buy one 12 in a small wedge box and mount an amp on it. This would sound way better than the infinity Basslink and be cheaper depending on what amp you buy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bazooka Tubes are pretty weak. Kicker does indeed recomend small box sizes, but if you look at there specs and use WinISD or other programs you will realize the Qtc is WAY WAY to high for a decent response curve in a small box. The JL Mirco set up isnt so bad. However, if you want some tight sounding high quality bass, I would have to recomend Image Dynamics IDQ's, pick your size 10's or 12's they both use very small boxes. If you look online they can be had fairly cheap, especially for the product your receiving. Also, if you are going to use a single sub, with a fairly small box, the Adire Audio Shiva is roughly $130 new w/ 3yr warranty. It sounds AWESOME with a 1.3-1.5 cubic foot sealed box. Get AMAZINGLY low, and sounds good doing it. Both the IDQ's and the Shiva like around 200-400 watts of solid clean power. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, Car Audio has been my obsession for a very LONG time.
Later, [email protected]

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Either Image Dynamic IDQ or Jl audio WO. Definately. Bazookas are good if you can fold your rear seats P11 only but with a P10 sealed trunk Iwould advise against it aswell as free air subs unless you are cutting a hole in the rear deck.

Go to the automotiveforums.com Infiniti G20 section. search for Aerotech Pics. This guy has a green primera with a 10 or 12" Phoenix gold sub cut in his rear deck. Looks sweet and probably sounds the same

·
Registered
635 Posts
screw it but the 32incher Clarion makes I think its called the armageddon. Put in your ceiling and use your whole car as the enclosure. hahaha. nah out of the ones listed I would recommend the Image Dynamics IDQ 10s or 12s. Small box+ very efficient sub and goes super low you can't go under it. Your right about the kicker's response in a sedan I just installed a single kicker square 12 in a car but it was a hatchback integra and sounded great. Hmm. and shiva, aren't those the same underhung 30pound magnets and baskets found on Crystal subs. Just curious because I have a Crystal CMP12.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts