Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to keep your leather clean? I used a little windex today and paper towesl and the inside looks much cleaner, but i'm sure that isn't the best for the leather in the long term

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
The biggest thing to remember when you clean your leather is you don't want it drying out. The alcohol in the windex will dry out your leater and it will eventually start cracking. Go to autozone or pep boys and get some Mothers/Meguires leather cleaner and leather conditioner. Follow the directions and you'll be set.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I use ArmorAll leather wipes, which work pretty well. They smell kinda funny, but the leather softens up and stays in pretty good shape, so long as I continue to use the conditioner.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here's a few links with lots of good info on car cleaning and detailing:

Autopia

Classic Motoring Accessories

I have Klasse and another brand that i bought for ~$10 at Target (can't remember the name. thought i'd lost my Klasse and needed something in a pinch). I'd actually recommend either of them. Autopia recommends Pinnacle, i believe. I've never had the chance to use this brand but might try it when i use up all my Klasse.

·
Registered
476 Posts
along with mother's and mequiars leather products i've found that lexol works well also.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
http://www.leatherique.com/

Check them out. There stuff is great and so are the people. The leather seats on our G were really awful. This stuff cleaned them extremely well and softened up some pretty hard seats.

The woman I talked with not only wasn't trying to get me off the phone, but spent a lot of time asking me questions about what I was working on and made certain I was getting exactly what I needed and knew exactly how to use it.

Good stuff.

Good people.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Definatally get Lexol, I swear by the stuff

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
floor mats...

I've used soap and water and let 'em dry outside.... and sometimes the Scotch carpet cleaner and vacuumed it up... but in the worst case, I use this industrial stuff my dad's company used to sell ... I'm sure there are similar products at any industrial carpet cleaning supply place...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Bopper359 said:
Definatally get Lexol, I swear by the stuff
Have you tried Leatherique?

I haven't tried Lexol, but people who have used both recommended the Letherique to me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
will tha black shoe polish be ok to use or would u not reccomend it? I use meguires, but i have cracks and wonder if tha shoe polish is ok, cause tha seats are black, and I'd like to hide it a little better.......

·
Registered
41 Posts
For some odd reason, the previous owner of my car decided to spray paint the center console with brown spray paint. Alcohol cleaned it off of everything, but since the seats were already cracked and I am planning on getting new seats anyways, I said screw it and cleaned it all with alcohol. Hey.... these seats can't get much worse..... at least it still runs.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
leather care

I use Lexol for cleaning and general care after I detail.

Armorall Leather Wipes are handy as hell to have in your trunk
in case of any spills or dirty passengers you may encounter.

Also, I use the Mother's cream conditioner. It smells good and keeps the leather soft.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts