Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a want to buy post. Then shortly after I received 5 messages from scammers. Red flags to look for are...
1. They want to move the conversation to gmail, asking you to email them.
2. If you look at there profile they will be registered within a couple of hours..

I know it’s hard times because of covid but please don’t give these bastards your hard earned money!!

·
Registered
20,916 Posts
yeah that is how things are now. most of the activity is bots posting stupid shit. my favorite is when they reply to each other's posts.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Reverse scammers are bigger now too! I no longer refund, ship a different or replacement part unless I get what I shipped back 1st (instead of getting junk or an empty box like I have too many times in the past). I've been 'reverse scammed' too many times now that I trust no one unless it's a personal friend I've known for years, met in person, and/or done plenty of business with in the past to know I won't be out everything. The 'half hazzard' throwing something in a box so it gets damaged and unusable when I get it back is unacceptable as well. My husband told me today to just stop selling anything with shipping involved and stick with in-person only and sometimes I think I might end up going that route to avoid headaches and so much time out of my life over this crap.

my direct issues as follows:

- buyer insists the window regulator I sent was defective and doesn't work, shipped it back and it came back damaged BUT it actually still worked and was what I shipped (and I took a video to prove it worked fine along with the damage showing it wasn't returned in the same condition). Buyer threatened to 'take me to court' and I welcomed them to do so as I had done nothing wrong. Instead they contacted their credit card company and I proved my case that way BUT I got to keep the money AND the buyer got their refund too so I guess we both got what we wanted after I had to jump through hoops and wasted an additional 6 hours of my life.

- buyer insists I sold bent wheels, and ships back to me completely different trashed, curbed AND bent wheels (on my dime) and I got 100% screwed with refunding and getting junk back (plus $200 shipping cost I ate in that case so I got bent over badly)

- buyer insisted I shipped the wrong wheels, ships back to me completely different 'replica' wheels while I shipped him OEM (yup, that happened too)

- buyer insists I shipped and empty box (to be fair, this was a case of USPS trashing the box and it clearly fell out at some point but I was blamed for not properly packaging up so now I go a little overboard with beyond properly packaging)

- Buyer insists it was never delivered except I had signature confirmation proof it was delivered (this one was a fight with the credit card company too after paypal sided with me on proof)

- Buyer said I sent the wrong intake cam, I offer to send another provided they return what I sent them and I stupidly shipped 'same day' they returned to me and I got back a trashed intake cam that clearly wasn't the same one but their old one most likely (miata cam in this particluar case) so I ended up being out TWO good intake cams...

plus more but I'm done venting now....

THUS I have changed how I do things. and kick myself every time I think to myself, I shouldn't sell to this person because I smell trouble-- and sure enough, there is trouble even though I jump through hoops..

I realize everything has 3 sides but when no one trusts, it's a bad situation and an impasse is the end result.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Anytime a person decides to buy from a seller they contact via a forum, that buyer assumes and runs the risk of the seller not holding up their end of the financial agreement, something I experienced, just today. Wonder who the seller could have been. I wonder if that seller "VENTS" on any forum or particular post. hmmmmmm I wonder . . .

Making payment to an unknown seller is a huge risk the buyer assumes when making a purchase.
The seller may not send anything at all, or that person might, intentionally or mistakenly, send an item that isn't exactly what they told the buyer they would be sending. In both of these situations, the buyer is at the mercy of the seller's TRUSTWORTHINESS and stands to be at a loss (time and/or money) due to the actions of the seller.
If the seller confuses the order, as in the case of confusing one camshaft with another and mistakenly shipping the wrong one instead, the buyer is at least delayed in completing his project before potentially receiving what he has already paid for. Should the seller require the buyer to return the mistaken part before being willing to send the correct part to the buyer, the buyer finds himself having to risk getting screwed twice by the same seller.
A seller may simply refuse to send the correct part, for whatever reason they concoct.

If the seller recognizes their mistake, it is only fair that THEY now assume the risk of the transaction, just as the buyer did initially when making payment, trusting that the seller would be accurate in the fulfillment and safe and timely shipment of the order. Assuming this risk means that the seller send the correct part immediately and trust, just as the buyer trusted the seller, that the buyer will return the correct item and in the same condition in which it was in when it was initially, although mistakenly, shipped by the seller.
In this situation, the mistake was clearly made by the seller; therefore, the seller is responsible for the return shipment of the mistaken part, the re-shipment of the correct part, and the expense of both of these shipments, and must trust the buyer. Had the seller not failed to provide the requested item, only one shipment would have been necessary, not two. The seller is at fault, here; hence, the seller is responsible for covering any expense associated with correcting the order, not the buyer. The buyer has already paid for the item and its shipping at this point and has operated out of trust and good faith.

The buyer never created this situation, yet he is subject to and a victim of it. If the seller refuses to ship the correct part immediately before requiring ANYTHING of the buyer, the buyer suffers because, he does not have what he needs, he will have to wait longer before actually getting the part he needs, and he will have to pay for shipment of that correct part, be it from a third party or the seller who requires him to pay the return shipment. In this case, it is the buyer who is justified in not trusting the seller. At present, the buyer has neither the part he ordered nor the money he paid for it. The seller is, in effect, holding the buyer's payment hostage in return for the mistaken part, and it is wrong to require the buyer to risk anything more before being willing to deliver on their part of the agreement both parties made.

"VENTING" on a forum or associating a new buyer with past buyers who have ripped the seller off doesn't make that seller justified in failing to completely rectify the frustrating situation that he /she created.

At this point, the seller is only justified in doing what is necessary to actually deliver on their end of the bargain, only that. It is absurd that the seller should now be distrusting of the buyer to hold up his end of his bargain after payment for the item has already been made and no refund has been requested of the seller.
I would not trust any seller who lumps all buyers together and distrusts them all as if they were all sheisters because that is how that seller will treat you WHEN THEY SCREW UP YOUR ORDER. It will be you who gets screwed, excepted to pay to straighten out their mistake, not them, and then they just might go and "VENT" and sigh on a forum and potentially blame YOU for their screw up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts