Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have a 1999 P11 with about 65k on it and need new shocks. SWMBO is the primary driver and doesn't want it to be too rough. I've had Bilsteins on our other vehicles and have the part numbers for the 99 P11 but can't find anyone to special order them from Germany. Anybody know where I can get a set (front and rear) delivered to NJ?

Thanks for the help,
Paul

·
Registered
138 Posts
i wouldn't reccomend getting them...only because the euro rears wont fit correctly on our US cars...you gotta get the rears from a 95-99 sentra/200sx and i'm not sure if bilstein makes those either...i'd go for the koni's that velocity motorsports can get...i had the mix/matched kyb agx's on my ride for a while and i didn't really like it, really stiff and didn't really lke the valving...i like my friends car, he has a 'lude with the koni/pro-kit combo, very nice ride and performs really well for a lowered car...so i'm sure the koni's are a lot better, the only downfall i see with these is that they're not externally adjustable on our cars, but i'm sure the valving is awesome..."you get what you pay for"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I was just told that the part numbers I have are for a 1999 Primera 2WD and he thought that they would fit. Do you know if these would fit? They are already here in the USA and I can get them right away and would be my first choice if they'll fit.

Also, I have always found the Konis to be a bit stiff. If I adjust the Konis to their softest setting before installation and use the stock springs how much stiffer than stock do you think it will be (SWMBO won't like it if I make her car too stiff). How would that setup compare to the KYB AGXs set on their softest setting?

I guess my choices are:
Bilsteins (if someone can confirt that they'll fit)
Koni (if they're not too stiff)
KYB AGX (if they're not too stiff)
KYB GR-2 (not excited about them)
GAB Super HP (similar to KBY ABXs, I think)
Monroe (not real good pieces)

Any others I've overlooked?

Thanks again for the advice,
Paul:crosseyed

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
GAB is super stiff
KYB AGX is stiff
KYB GR-2's are good I hear (Thought they came stock but it turns out they dont.)
The rest I have no clue but the Koni's sound good from what Nismo said.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Nismoboy1 said:
i wouldn't reccomend getting them...only because the euro rears wont fit correctly on our US cars...
That only pertains to Koni's and using them with GC's. No one has ever tried putting hte Koni rears on a US P11 w/o GC's.

I think the problem is the new upper mounts of the GC's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, will the Bilsteins fit.

You mention that this only applies to the Konis and using them with GCs. I prefer the Bilsteins and wondered if you think the Bilsteins marketed for the 99 Primera in Europe (front and rear) will fit on my 99 G20 (US version)?

Thanks,
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts