Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted my factroy 15" 99 wheels Black for the winter. I left the center part chrome and I'm ussing the chrome lug nuts to make it less bland. I did this so my car will still look different( a little racey) for the winter. I have to repair my rims since they have so many curb marks so I figured I'd do it over the winter and put my factory wheels on. I'll have picture soon since they go on tommorro.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
it sounds interesting cant wait to see the pics do you think thee paint might peel due to harsh winter weather.
casual

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
i was gonna do tat but more like a dark gunmental look, i was gonna attempt to keep the outside mini lip chrome and the center cap also chrome but try to paint inside the symbol. But not yet, i dont have any mods on my engine YET. Its either small mods....eaders, intake, fuel pressure regulator.........................................or save up for the HS turbo

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
I havet done it yet though because my stock tires are bald, maybe ill take my girlfriends brand new 2001 stock 16" Sentra SE rims that are at my house and put them on.....hmpphh not a bad idea

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Domiken said:
I havet done it yet though because my stock tires are bald, maybe ill take my girlfriends brand new 2001 stock 16" Sentra SE rims that are at my house and put them on.....hmpphh not a bad idea
Yeah but Y would U want to put on stocks again????.......unless you trying to run :paranoid:

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
putting them on tonight after oil change and timming advance. I'm going from 17*-19*. I used high temp paint so it will be stronger. I tried gunmetal car paint and it peeled of right away.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wheels on and It looks like a real hot rod. I'll take some pics in the light and post asap. I didn't remember how good it felt to hit a bump with a good sized tire. I don't have to cry when I hit a pot hole any more. (until the old wheels get fixed) I'm almost concidering getting a set of sport wheels and having them powder coated black with a machined lip and chrome center. I think it would be a nice middle ground. Does any body know what the widest and lowest tire I can put on a 16" sport wheel.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Paint?

yo, help me out here....i have 2 sets of '94 stock 14" rims...I want to try and paint the beat-up ones black, what kind of paint did you use? does it look THAT good?

thanks for the help-

one

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Thats exactly why i will do it, to run it. But not anytime soon i just feel like running on stocks for a while, you ever get that feeling?

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Paint?

Ctd 586 said:
yo, help me out here....i have 2 sets of '94 stock 14" rims...I want to try and paint the beat-up ones black, what kind of paint did you use? does it look THAT good?
I used Black 500* high temp paint for it's ceramic composite. I would recommend a good sanding of the wheels. The first time I tried it with car paint and it wouldn't stick good. so I sanded it and used the high temp. now it stuck pretty good but I hit one with the lug wrench and it chipped.

The car looks mean as hell now. but I will put my 17" wheels back as soon as I fix up the scratches. I took pics I try to post tommorro.

·
Registered
432 Posts
thats what I did to my rims

I gunmetaled them using special wheel paint from an auto parts store. I even sanded off most of the curb marks with 180 grit and I did 3 coats sanding with 400 grit in between. it turned out really nice and adds a nicer look to your car

you can check out some pics on the Northwestnissans website-go to the general forum then look for shownshine pitures posted by a member named AaronS13

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
NICE!!

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
yeah

1 - 16 of 16 Posts